Wifi dropping

adamym

Hey everyone,

On my latest build I used an Asus z87i-deluxe for the mobo. It has wireless AC, but my problem is that I the 2.4ghz band doesn't connect reliably. I can get a reliable connection with the 5ghz band, but the location the computer is in I can't get a strong enough signal for the network.

I've tried to mess with the network card's settings a little, but I don't know exactly what each setting does.

Does anyone have any quick fixes?

Thanks in advance.

Corsair Vengeance C70 * Asus P8Z77V-Pro * i5 3570k * Corsiar Vengeance 16gb 1866 * EVGA GTX 780 *

Samsung 840 pro 256gb * Corsiar AX860i

Change your router band to reduce interference with other networks.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

The distance is probably about 30ft. If you measure direct line of sight then your probably passing through 2 walls. What's interesting is that I can get full signal from my macbook pro and tablet on the 5ghz band.

Even with my main desktop running on the 5ghz band and the router being about 10ft away from the router with nothing in the way I get poor reception.

Corsair Vengeance C70 * Asus P8Z77V-Pro * i5 3570k * Corsiar Vengeance 16gb 1866 * EVGA GTX 780 *

Samsung 840 pro 256gb * Corsiar AX860i