Razer Blade 4K Review + Our Blade Issues...

3 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

lol Yeah the end gets too positive.  That many problems id be done suggesting that this one and only we have been sent for review works so maybe they fixed it all. 

I Honestly thought everyone overly complained about how bad razer was but without ever owning anything from them personally i figured it was like the apple hate cults. after seeing that list i get it now. 

Yea, Linus gave the worst x-mas gift ever, the gift of issues :P

I was referring to his pants xD

RjUD7SY.png

hmmm great naming scheme huh....

B6 vs V5..

Hmmm... 

• B<V
  • 6>5

SO WHICH ONE IS NEWER RAZER! WHICH ONE!????!!!!!

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I don't know how Linus can say he still likes the blades after all the issues he's had with it....seriously, 1/3 of them failed. That is ridiculous

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

22 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Just avoid it until they actually sort out the quality issues.

If their Ripsaw is anything to go off of, never happening. Them slapping their logo on hardware they otherwise had nothing to do with fucking breaks it in some manner.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

19 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

I don't know how Linus can say he still likes the blades after all the issues he's had with it....seriously, 1/3 of them failed. That is ridiculous

Small form factor, good keyboard, good hardware, great screen (which matters when you're producing content), and what is suppose to be good battery life. I can see where Linus wants to like the Blade because to be honest I myself want to like it as well. It sadly just has too many problems which should not exist, but I'm not surprised since I've had to RMA 5 Deathadders (I'm still on that mouse just because it still ergonomically feels the best to me.) 

I've been eyeing the Blade for quite awhile now, as a freelance photographer that operates on Windows I've been wanting to upgrade mylaptop for awhile. Currently using a 17.3" gaming laptop which has become way too cumbersome at airports and the hardware is getting pretty old as well. Does anyone have any recommendations on reliable Blade alternatives? 

-Accurate colors on screen is a huge plus, while keeping a small form factor and really good hardware for all the rendering is what I'm looking for... 

I bought a 4K 0216 Razer Blade, and I am happy with it. Production quality seems to be a issue with them. I guess I got lucky with the draw and got a good one. 

• 1 month later...

What's the color accuracy of the device, and what's the touchpad drivers. Thank you..

On 11/22/2017 at 11:12 AM, w.lu said:

but I'm not surprised since I've had to RMA 5 Deathadders (I'm still on that mouse just because it still ergonomically feels the best to me.) 

So sad that people still buy Razer mice when far superior Logitech products exist. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Alò, I here say and do admit I am having an important issue too, my more than 4000 euros new razer blade pro 2017 purchased through amazon marketplace randomly shuts down because of a kernel power error after few weeks since its first power on, might you please advise me about what's the safest and more sicure way in order to proceed with razer's support without been cheated and gambled by it (yes, because one customer of three has been teased by razer with its defective products during this year) ? Greetings from Italy.

I have the 2017 Blade w/1080p screen for almost a year now. I haven't had any issues, but I definitely heard a lot about fan issues with the 2016. Their support is supposed to be pretty bad as well but Ive never needed to use it.

Is there a 1080p blade someone could point me to? I really wouldn't need 4k.

My Razer Blade Stealth has a root kit that I have no idea how to clean it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2015 Blade 14 QHD and I need to RMA it. Sadly my warranty is long gone so I'm going to have to spend money to fix it. My problems are an inconsistent left click, it turns on randomly (weirdly a widespread problem), and the charger doesn't work right. I'm very torn about it, because while I love the laptop, and disregarding the fucked reliability I think it's the best bet for a thin and light gaming laptop, but this unreliability is staggering. That many problems with that many laptops? I wouldn't believe it if I weren't on the same boat. I'm going to RMA mine, then I may or may not sell it, depending on what I'm thinking. The interesting thing is I hear people saying all razer products are unreliable, but I have a million razer products and other than my Kraken 7.1s right ear cup failing, (likely from my retarded 12 year old self's tendency to chew on the cable, which is also what killed my first pair of M50s) I've had no problems with any of their products, other than the Blade. 

On 11/22/2017 at 11:12 AM, w.lu said:

Small form factor, good keyboard, good hardware, great screen (which matters when you're producing content), and what is suppose to be good battery life. I can see where Linus wants to like the Blade because to be honest I myself want to like it as well. It sadly just has too many problems which should not exist, but I'm not surprised since I've had to RMA 5 Deathadders (I'm still on that mouse just because it still ergonomically feels the best to me.) 

I've been eyeing the Blade for quite awhile now, as a freelance photographer that operates on Windows I've been wanting to upgrade mylaptop for awhile. Currently using a 17.3" gaming laptop which has become way too cumbersome at airports and the hardware is getting pretty old as well. Does anyone have any recommendations on reliable Blade alternatives? 

-Accurate colors on screen is a huge plus, while keeping a small form factor and really good hardware for all the rendering is what I'm looking for... 

I wanted a Blade too, but the failure rates just turned me off from owning one. I ended up with a XPS 15 9560 and I love it. Great keyboard, amazing trackpad, and awesome screen. Was cheaper than the Blade too.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM