Razer Blade 4K Review + Our Blade Issues...

1 in 3 razer blades required an RMA. Damn that's a number right there...

I know it's not a massive sample size but still, it's enough for Linus to lose his trust in Razer, that's got to hurt...

The fact it still doesn't have a 2 year warranty proves to me that this blade is somehow still quite broken...

It's also weird they don't offer a 2-year warranty when they sell them in the EU and a 2-year warranty is the minimum they need to offer or they aren't allowed to sell it, which makes it even more confusing for me...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

13 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

I know it's not a massive sample size but still, it's enough for Linus to lose his trust in Razer, that's got to hurt...

The fact it still doesn't have a 2 year warranty proves to me that this blade is somehow still quite broken...

It's also weird they don't offer a 2-year warranty when they sell them in the EU and a 2-year warranty is the minimum they need to offer or they aren't allowed to sell it, which makes it even more confusing for me...

Razer has been known for years as being  The Apple of PC industry with cool looking devices, but the opposite when it comes to quality.

This was the most entertaining video in months, I watched "that part" six times.

But man, wtf is wrong with these blades? BSODs all around, many of them turning on and they are hot af... That looks really, REALLY bad.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

25 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Razer has been known for years as being  The Apple of PC industry with cool looking devices, but the opposite when it comes to quality.

True but the fact that Linus went as far as saying it himself with numbers to back his opinion is imo a bigger deal than random people like we shouting "razer sucks" or something like that.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

So Linus Trashes on Razer and Apple in the Same Day? (TBH i only saw the click bait title and first few sconds paused it and read that chart) SO many problems Should be like 1-2 RMA at most imo 0-1 

You know what turned me off the Blade entirely?

When an LTT forums user found out that this V5 model had a weird speaker buzz and after numerous times contacting Razer, they identified it as a ground-loop and a suggestion was to remove the ground from the power supply.

Yeah, that sure went well. /s

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

so, in the end, THE BEST and BRIGHTEST is product with 33% failure rate in half time warranty?

1 hour ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

So Linus Trashes on Razer and Apple in the Same Day? (TBH i only saw the click bait title and first few sconds paused it and read that chart) SO many problems Should be like 1-2 RMA at most imo 0-1 

So... if i was to tell you to go and watch from this point onwards what would you think happened? Without looking back

Rip Razer.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

I feel that Razer really needs to up their game and get into the same league as other competitors. At the premium price they are charging, I really would expect much more awesome features such as, better build quality, higher refresh rates and maybe even a fingerprint sensor as compared to other gaming laptops. Especially because you can get a laptop of the same specs at a cheaper price. Therefore, I definitely agree with Linus and Razer definitely has to refine their laptops.

36 minutes ago, Alvin7667 said:

I feel that Razer really needs to up their game and get into the same league as other competitors. At the premium price they are charging, I really would expect much more awesome features such as, better build quality, higher refresh rates and maybe even a fingerprint sensor as compared to other gaming laptops. Especially because you can get a laptop of the same specs at a cheaper price. Therefore, I definitely agree with Linus and Razer definitely has to refine their laptops.

I think the biggest thing Razer needs above everything is better customer support.

I mean, come on. Who has the balls to suggest customers remove the GROUND from the power supply to fix a ground-loop???

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

2 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

I mean, come on. Who has the balls to suggest customers remove the GROUND from the power supply to fix a ground-loop???

Razer, obviously.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Razer, obviously.

And if I post this on Razer's Facebook or Min's

Pretty sure I'll get flamed by the Razer army.

Just now, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Pretty sure I'll get flamed by the Razer army.

All seven of them?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

All seven of them?

More like one with 11 accounts

2 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

More like one with 11 accounts

Oh. Ted. The bastard.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

5 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

You know what turned me off the Blade entirely?

When an LTT forums user found out that this V5 model had a weird speaker buzz and after numerous times contacting Razer, they identified it as a ground-loop and a suggestion was to remove the ground from the power supply.

Yeah, that sure went well. /s

. ... wut

I must have missed that post, that's ridiculous. Yeah let me just hop right on that.

Intel i7-7700k @ 5.1ghz | Asus ROG Maximus Hero IX | Asus ROG Poseidon Platinum 1080ti @ 2126mhz | 64gb Trident-Z DDR4 @ 3600mhz | Samsung 960 Pro 1tb @ 3500mbps/2500mbps | Crucial 240gb SSD | Toshiba 4tb 7200rpm HDD w/ Crucial 128gb SSD cache | Corsair Hx1000i PSU | EK 360mm Coolstream XE Radiator | EK-Supremacy Evo Waterblock | EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition Pump | EK-RES X3 150 RGB Reservoir | Primochill AdvancedLRT Clear Tubing | Primochill VUE UV Blue Coolant | Corsair 570x Crystal RGB Case | 4x 30cm CableMod UV/RGB Widebeam Hybrid Led Strip | 3x 120mm Corsair SP120 RGB Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 3000rpm Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A12x15 Fan | CableMod ModFlex PSU & SATA Cables | Asus ROG Swift 27" 4k IPS w/G-Sync & LG UD68 27" 4k IPS w/Freesync |

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Oh. Ted. The bastard.

Yeah. Anyway, back on topic.

Seems like the Blade is the same old thing as ever with a better screen.

Same design. Same thermals which still runs as warm as ever. And unless they actually ramp up their QC, same pit of constant RMAs.

Just avoid it until they actually sort out the quality issues.

8 hours ago, samcool55 said:

With QC a sample size that big is plenty enough. No product no matter what it is, if it was built right and went through proper QC, would you ever be able to buy that many and have 33% fail, impossible.

7 minutes ago, PETRGangKing said:

. ... wut

I must have missed that post, that's ridiculous. Yeah let me just hop right on that.

It's here.

I honestly can't believe it myself. Both the fact that somehow, the Blade isn't protected from ground loops and that one solution was to REMOVE the grounding. I hope the OP wasn't too stupid to actually think of that because it's common sense to never remove the ground if it has one.

Can we talk about the actual product and how well laid out this video is instead of the 10 seconds he spent showing a graphical and saying 1/3rd of the past blades were RMAed?

I think the end points should be what every gaming laptop should aspire to be, bezelless and 120Hz displays If a phone can get 120Hz it doesn't make sense that laptops can't do it.

13 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

So... if i was to tell you to go and watch from this point onwards what would you think happened? Without looking back

lol Yeah the end gets too positive.  That many problems id be done suggesting that this one and only we have been sent for review works so maybe they fixed it all. 

I Honestly thought everyone overly complained about how bad razer was but without ever owning anything from them personally i figured it was like the apple hate cults. after seeing that list i get it now.