nishe1

I don't know what to do

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello, guys. I got a few questions, I spend a last few days searching web, but still don't know much...

I just got a PC with AMD A10 7800. Don't judge me, it was a good deal. I have a QHD monitor, I'd like to watch movies in 1440p and play some games... At least at medium details. I thought about buying a GPU... What is the best I could get for this CPU? 

But I think I'd rather buy something different. I was looking at some options, I'd like to spend about $500, could pay more if it's worth it. Tell me what you recommend, I thought about:
- Intel i5-7400 with GTX 1050Ti/1060 3GB and 8GB RAM
or maybe it's not worth paying more, and I should choose older CPU like i5/i7 2nd/3rd gen? E.g. I found a good deal for i5-2400 with GTX 1060 6GB

- Intel i3-8100 with GTX 1050Ti 

AMD FX 8300 also crossed my mind... Or Pentium G4600 in case I want something even cheaper.

Getting a decent GPU would be a first step. What PSU do you have?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Sorry, I meant 1050ti. I should read it more carefully before I posted it...

I'd like to play  e.g. World of Tanks, Forza Horizon 3 and other stuff, as I said, looking for something that will work OK with most games. And I don't know what PSU I have, it was a prebuilt PC and I can't really open it without losing warranty (which I don't want to do, because I will probably resell it)

32 minutes ago, nishe1 said:

That CPU is probably going to do like 45fps average in AAA games,

Wait for black friday and get a $200 RX 570/580 and R5 1400, if you OC on this motherboard stick a fan on the VRM

Video has CPU scaling in games, your chip is going to be below the R3 1200

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FZNrTH
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FZNrTH/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($147.68 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: GeIL - SUPER LUCE RGB SYNC 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($77.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: PowerColor - Radeon RX 580 4GB Red Dragon Video Card  ($254.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $555.14
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-20 14:05 EST-0500

I edit my posts a lot

Memory: GeIL - SUPER LUCE RGB SYNC 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory 

I live in Poland and can't find those RAM anywhere... Could you recommend something different? At least I found that RX 580 for about $170.

And you surprised me with Ryzen... From what I heard it's better for other stuff than gaming.

On 20.11.2017 at 8:07 PM, Streetguru said:

And it's above my budget - I need a full set, with a HDD or SDD, case and PSU. Maybe I could go for Ryzen 3 1200 with GTX 1060 3Gb instead, if it won't bottleneck. Or i5-7600/Ryzen 5 1400 with 1050ti.

11 minutes ago, nishe1 said:

Ryzen 5 1400 with 1050ti

Probably go for that one so you get on AM4, and get more multi-threaded performance.

Though depending on pricing if an RX 570 isn't much more save up for it, it's a faster card than a 1050ti.

No idea on pricing for you then.

I edit my posts a lot

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Though depending on pricing if an RX 570 isn't much more save up for it, it's a faster card than a 1050ti.

It's even more expensive than GTX 1060.