Advice on a new phone

JackalJ

So I could use some advise on buying a new phone.

At this moment I still use my Iphone 5s, never saw the need to upgrade it, It worked great. Untill some time ago when the battery started to have problems. I barely use my phone and it is almost empty at the end of the day. Also the screen feels like it is letting loose of the rest of the body, whenever I press on the screen I can hear it moving.

So I want a new phone, now I just need some good advise on which one.

I understand that big phones are a thing now so I will get a bigger phone, in dimensions, then the 5s. But I prefer to keep the phone manageable in my hand.

Obviously I looked at the new Iphones and I guess they are good options, I know some people don't like them because lately they haven't innovated enough. I guess jumping from a 5s to a 8 would be improvement enough?

My eye also fell on the Razerphone and One plus 5T.
I have some positive and negative points for both of these phones but I just want to know what people suggest that actually keep up with the phone market.

Pixel 2 and LG V30 are also great options for the latest and greatest.

1 hour ago, Matu20 said:

Pixel 2 and LG V30 are also great options for the latest and greatest.

Well I looked at the Pixel 2, and just the camera (according to the topic below) would be it's only strong point. Besides that it is more expensive then the Razerphone, I would rather have better battery life then the best camera. So it's a no for the pixel 2. I haven't looked at the LG v30 yet, didn't even knew LG was still making phones.. if that is a good thing.

If you have an iPhone already just like the iPhone 7 or iPhone 8. They are small and easy to hold. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)