[UPDATE] Apple served with warrant to unlock the Texas shooter’s iPhone SE

captain_to_fire
8 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

The FBI already have the information they want from this guy's phone, they just need to make Apple give in to a search warrant now so they have an excuse why they have the information they have.

If the government only wanted Apple to give in so that they can admit they already have the data then it would be a lot easier to go to some third party company that would willingly "hack" the device....Or the government itself could hack the device.

The government wants Apple to give in so they can have easy access to the data on any iOS device now and in the future. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

59 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

Everything is backdoored and has been for years. The PC you just posted that comment on will have a CPU with a hardware backdoor, you probably also posted it from a Windows OS which is backdoored, through which both Microsoft and the government are watching you. You sent it through a browser and ISP which don't respect your privacy. You probably did it sitting next to a backdoored "smart" TV, which you think only listens for voice commands when you speak, staring into the display below your webcam which you think is off because the light is off, with your "smart" phone in your pocket which you think isn't listening because you aren't making a call right now. Hell, maybe it's out of battery, and maybe that's enough to make you think it isn't listening.

The FBI already have the information they want from this guy's phone, they just need to make Apple give in to a search warrant now so they have an excuse why they have the information they have.

Oh man, you've said to much already... Are they on to you too? Maybe we should establish a code word?

I'm not nearly as ignorant as you may think I am, not am I as neurotic Ted Kaczynski....

23 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Oh man, you've said to much already... Are they on to you too? Maybe we should establish a code word?

I'm not nearly as ignorant as you may think I am, not am I as neurotic Ted Kaczynski....

I'd like to see them try to be onto me. I'm posting from a early-2000's ThinkPad, running TailsOS and browsing using a VPN and Tor, FBI aren't catching me.

I think you are neurotic if you don't think for example Windows 10 has extreme invasions of privacy. Microsoft are quite transparent about it being a keylogger (it says it collects your "typing history"), spying on your microphone (says it monitors your "speech"), collecting non-anonymised "telemetry", turning "protection" features back on without asking you, running "updates" without asking you, etc. It's all in the TOS, or simply written next to the privacy options in the control panel. Maybe when the CIA take you away to harvest your organs you'll realise you should have listened.

what do they hope to gain from this guy's phone? He was confirmed to be the shooter, he's dead. Case closed is it not?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Sierra Fox said:

what do they hope to gain from this guy's phone? He was confirmed to be the shooter, he's dead. Case closed is it not?

Likely any connections to terrorist organizations, mafia connections, gang connections, etc.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

16 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

Tor, (<- because of this) FBI aren't catching me.

caught....

You obviously have an ISP, who is trying to shield your traffic from your ISP.. So you've probably been reported, and are being monitored. So hopefully you don't have any vulnerabilities in your Wifi or LAN... Hopefully your PC is the world's most secured piece of technology. And you trust your VPN to keep your information safe as well? Good for you. Maybe the VPN your using is an FBI front company? And maybe they are routing you through vulnerable TOR nodes?

Please, feel free not to respond. I'm just highlighting your extreme fear in regards to technology (or maybe you're trolling), yet you feel totally comfortable with your ability to feel anonymized by trusting your protection to someone else? Hm.. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

I think you are neurotic if you don't think for example Windows 10 has extreme invasions of privacy. Microsoft are quite transparent about it being a keylogger (it says it collects your "typing history"), spying on your microphone (says it monitors your "speech"), collecting non-anonymised "telemetry", turning "protection" features back on without asking you, running "updates" without asking you, etc. It's all in the TOS, or simply written next to the privacy options in the control panel. Maybe when the CIA take you away to harvest your organs you'll realise you should have listened.

Not sure if the organs thing was a troll or you being serious. But seeing how you spelled "realize", I'll take it as you being serious.....

I totally don't agree with Microsoft, Google, Apple, Samsung, etc... all collecting data from consumers. Our data is traded like a commodity, and you have to "hope" that your privacy is one of their concerns... Which it isn't, especially since money is involved. Yes, Windows 10 has some amazing things it can do.. However, without a microphone attached and no camera, that is one less thing to worry about.

And unfortunately, this topic isn't about consumer protection or Windows security issues, or anything else, so.. That's about all I have to say about that.

Edit: All joking and sarcasm aside... After going through your recent posts/interactions on this website, and seeing the negativity (name calling, insults, sense of superiority), I'll definitely chalk it up to super trolling. No need to continue this side banter.

9 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

Connections to other potentially known or unknown terrorist/threat groups. Maybe he is part of a small group or a larger group with other activities planned. Maybe there is specific motivation or other data on the phone. Case isn't closed. They are constantly trying to find people like this guy before they do things like this.

1 hour ago, Ryujin2003 said:

caught....

You obviously have an ISP, who is trying to shield your traffic from your ISP.. So you've probably been reported, and are being monitored. So hopefully you don't have any vulnerabilities in your Wifi or LAN... Hopefully your PC is the world's most secured piece of technology. And you trust your VPN to keep your information safe as well? Good for you. Maybe the VPN your using is an FBI front company? And maybe they are routing you through vulnerable TOR nodes?

Obviously, there are more than plenty of public wifi points to choose from. A suspect need not even leave the car to use such a wifi point. Combined with Mac Address spoofing, and arranging visits randomly, it would take an extraordinary effort to track down a suspect, even if ToR, or whatever chosen VPN used happens to be compromised. Any effort to find a suspect would end at the wifi point, potentially leaving only the arduous task of searching through hours of surveillance.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

2 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Obviously, there are more than plenty of public wifi points to choose from. A suspect need not even leave the car to use such a wifi point. Combined with Mac Address spoofing, and arranging visits randomly, it would take an extraordinary effort to track down a suspect, even if ToR, or whatever chosen VPN used happens to be compromised. Any effort to find a suspect would end at the wifi point, potentially leaving only the arduous task of searching through hours of surveillance.

Well, if the government is going to go through the effort of finding you (even in your house) then they'll also likely have reason enough to look through surveillance footage.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Conversation is a fine line of Political Discussion...

Just giving a fair warning to keep discussion on topic and not to stray.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

The best thing about conspiracies, is that when you are faced with a reason it can't work, you can just make up another conspiracy to explain it. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, Rune said:

A lot of tin foil in this thread.

Drak3 picked up the tin foil merchant trade. Won't be long before I'm rollin in dough.

And jawbreakers.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Drak3 picked up the tin foil merchant trade. Won't be long before I'm rollin in dough.

And jawbreakers.

Or you can collect the tinfoil, melt it, turn it into ingots, use those to machine plane parts, and then end up with a private jet, which you can use to fly around and collect more tinfoil, making more planes. And you can eventually create an airline called Conspiracy Air. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Or you can collect the tinfoil, melt it, turn it into ingots, use those to machine plane parts, and then end up with a private jet, which you can use to fly around and collect more tinfoil, making more planes. And you can eventually create an airline called Conspiracy Air. 

Not as profitable.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Not as profitable.

In the long term it would be. All the conspiracy theorists and hippies would fly on your planes because they’re made with recycled tinfoil. Add EMI shielding so no one can electronically eavesdrop, and you’re golden. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

In the long term it would be. All the conspiracy theorists and hippies would fly on your planes because they’re made with recycled tinfoil. Add EMI shielding so no one can electronically eavesdrop, and you’re golden. 

Tin Foil planes only merit seeing Dennis in person more often. Plus the costs in fuel, food, entertainment, paying the pilots, enslaving the co pilots. It's just a big hassle.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

9 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

And jawbreakers.

Can I take a loan of $20,000 ?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Tin Foil planes only merit seeing Dennis in person more often. Plus the costs in fuel, food, entertainment, paying the pilots, enslaving the co pilots. It's just a big hassle.

Hmm... just have African children work for you, since they’d work just for food, and then people couldn’t tell you “children in Africa could have eaten that tinfoil”. 

(PS, to any easily offended people out there, this is a total joke)

Main PC 

1 minute ago, hey_yo_ said:

Ahem, if we’re dealing in conspiracy theory tinfoil, then why would we use omen with the Illuminati eye on it that’s distributed by the US Gov? I’m sure @Drak3 will create his own currency. 

Main PC 

2 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

No! Do you know how many jawbreakers I can buy with that scratch.

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

PS, to any easily offended people out there, this is a total joke

Nice cover.

Hmm... just have African children work for you, since they’d work just for food, and then people couldn’t tell you “children in Africa could have eaten that tinfoil”.

That's illegal. And they're not as productive as one might thing.

@Drak3 will create his own currency.

Nah. The stately bullet is working just fine.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

No! Do you know how many jawbreakers I can buy with that scratch.

Nice cover.

That's illegal. And they're not as productive as one might thing.

Nah. The stately bullet is working just fine.

RIP. And as for the cover, I just don’t want to be reported, and you know how people* are these days...

*SJW Snowflakes at least. 

Main PC 

think it's a fair move, but i presume they have access to it already & this being a publicity stunt for general reasons.

Details separate people.

7 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

The fifth amendment doesn't apply to biometric locks; there have been numerous cases where judges decided that an individual can be forced to unlock their phone with a fingerprint scanner. 

yes a judge

not lawman grabbing dead mans hand and doing so as representation of each side of conflicting issue(even if issue is directly linked to other issues) is kind of basis for our law systems

you may have (and will have unless you sign away right) the public attorney as you will represent yourself or provide own

dead cannot speak or sign anything

their power of attorney now falls where?

spouse then children (if 18 or older) then closest living relative and finally the state of citizenship

so guys dead and i see no where that gives apple power of attorney permissions

ask guys closest kin do we have permission to allow apple to open this device?

POA says yes no judges or warrents or orders needed

and its a respectful route

17 hours ago, Mooshi said:

The San Bernardino incident all over again..that was a mess. While I typically back user privacy over government 9 out of 10 times, it's that 10th time that conflicts me.

How I see it, when you commit an atrocious crime, you sign away your rights. When the rights of a criminal supercede the justice of others, it's horribly wrong. 

The thing is, once you create the backdoor you create it for everyone.

You're essentially saying "because one person did something wrong, everyone should be vulnerable". It's not possible to create a tool that only works against criminals. This is not about protecting the rights of a criminal, it's about protecting the rights of all the innocent people who uses iPhones. If Apple creates this backdoor for the San Bernardino incident then that same tool can be used against anyone.

There is no way you can create a tool which only works against criminals you dislike. Once the tool is created, it can be used against anyone. So let me ask you this, do you think looking at the San Bernardino is so important that you would be willing to let the Russian government track down people who post messages supporting homosexuals? Are you willing to let the FBI, CIA, NSA or any government organisation from any country have access to any iPhone for any purpose? Because that would be the end result if this backdoor was created. On top of that, you would also put everyone in danger of the backdoor leaking (I shouldn't have to remind you of all the countless of times NSA and FBI tools have been leaked, just look at WannaCry).

Do you think the benefits are worth the risks? I don't.

Backdoors is a black and white issue. Everyone gets treated equally.

Whenever a tragedy occurs, all the likely suspects line up to use it to further their own agendas. In this case, the US alphabet agencies and their addiction to backdoors.

As for the "monsters don't deserve privacy" crowd, that isn't the point. Backdoors created for agencies will end up in the wild, just like the NSA's hacking toolkit is out there now. All for any script-kiddy to use.

~~Kuroneko~~

- Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core

- Corsair H115i Pro 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X399 ROG Zenith Extreme MB

- 2x Nvidia Titan V

- Corsair 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 1TB M.2 SSD

- Western Digital RED Pro 6TB 64M SATA

- Corsair AX1500i Titianium PSU

- Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout

- 3x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

~~Chibineko~~