which amp/dac for dt990

shooter2749
Go to solution Solved by shooter2749,
1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Yes. I have no issues running my 990 Pros on my MSI Z97s SLI Plus, MSI Z87m Gaming, iPhone 6s+, iPhone X, rMBP. 

also one more question: right now I have the siberia v 3 gaming headset and the 990 are 200g heavier... they seem very comfortable but do they feel heavy after long period of use (I'll be gaming with them)

these are going to be my new headphones but i dont know nothing about amp and dac but my motherboard cant push them. since i'll be buying on black friday i can go up to 150ih for the amp and dac(in one unit), what do you guys recomment?

Just now, shooter2749 said:

these are going to be my new headphones but i dont know nothing about amp and dac but my motherboard cant push them. since i'll be buying on black friday i can go up to 150ih for the amp and dac(in one unit), what do you guys recomment?

prices in cadadian curency

It sounds like you don't own the 990s yet, so how do you know your motherboard can't drive them? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

19 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

It sounds like you don't own the 990s yet, so how do you know your motherboard can't drive them? 

It might, but an Amp DAC is always better than onboard. 

Is it $150 each or for both? I always recommend the Magni 3 and Modi 2

Edited by Max_Settings
Nvm didn't read it

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

For $150 your best bet would be the Fulla 2.

Schitt Fulla 2 gets my vote. Should be $99, least mine was.

Just now, Mooshi said:

Schitt Fulla 2 gets my vote. Should be $99, least mine was.

But he's in Canada so the price will be closer to $150

17 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

for both

2 hours ago, SSL said:

What is your motherboard?

gigabyte z97 gaming 5

2 hours ago, SSL said:

For $150 your best bet would be the Fulla 2.

none of these are on amazon.ca... what about the fiio e10K???

8 minutes ago, shooter2749 said:

gigabyte z97 gaming 5

Your motherboard should be able to run 990s just fine. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

4 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

thank you but still im probably going to pick up a amp and dac what do you recommend?

15 minutes ago, shooter2749 said:

none of these are on amazon.ca... what about the fiio e10K???

Order it from Schiit.

3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Order it from Schiit.

i looked it up and the cost would be 260$ for the magni 3 and modi PLUS 40$ shipping and 40$ for random fees...

6 minutes ago, shooter2749 said:

i looked it up and the cost would be 260$ for the magni 3 and modi PLUS 40$ shipping and 40$ for random fees...

The Fulla 2

Just now, Max_Settings said:

The Fulla 2

it will be about 200$ cad in total. its too much 

Just now, shooter2749 said:

it will be about 200$ cad in total. its too much 

How's that? With conversion it should only be $127 CAD. It's $99 USD

Just now, Max_Settings said:

How's that? With conversion it should only be $127 CAD. It's $99 USD

same shipping and random fee to get it here

What "random" fee? The fuck? Why do fuckers on this forum have so much difficulty with basic communication?

1 minute ago, SSL said:

What "random" fee? The fuck? Why do fuckers on this forum have so much difficulty with basic communication?

this what I got when searching for schiit product inb canada and according to all the other canadian buyers everyone get the same fees..:

I just wanted to let fellow Canadians know about my experience as of Oct 23/2013. I placed an order for a Schiit Magni and Modi through the Schiit.com website and the cheapest shipping option I had was for USPS Priority International $35.75. The order shipped right away and I got it the following day (fast!).

Strangely Schiit had used FedEx instead of USPS which was listed on their site and when I received the package I had to pay for customs duties ($13.24) + GST ($10.84) + ROD fee ($10.50) = $34.58. That's $35.75 USD + $34.58 CAD for roughly $70 in shipping costs overall on a $200 purchase.

I contacted Schiit and they said:

I'm sorry that this happened.  We recently signed a new agreement with FedEx that has better pricing that makes it comparable to USPS and much faster delivery.  I was assured by our rep that there wouldn't be brokerage fees for our Canadian customers.  You are the first customer who has been charged a brokerage fee since the agreement was put in place.  Please send me a copy of your bill that lists the brokerage fee so I can investigate this with our rep and get back to you.  While you are responsible for the normal customs and duties, you shouldn't have to pay a brokerage fee.  You will be reimbursed for the fee either by us or by FedEx.

9 minutes ago, shooter2749 said:

same shipping and random fee to get it here

That makes no sense. By what you are saying the Amp you are going to have to buy is going to have to be about $20 US and with all the fees it will add to $150. Anyway try the FX Audio DAC X6

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

its the pro version which is 250 ohm... is your answer still the same? i dont know much about audio (but anyway i'll pick up the micca origen+ amp dac combo)

3 minutes ago, shooter2749 said:

its the pro version which is 250 ohm... is your answer still the same?

Yes. I have no issues running my 990 Pros on my MSI Z97s SLI Plus, MSI Z87m Gaming, iPhone 6s+, iPhone X, rMBP. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler