$550 Intel / Nvidia Budget PC !!

Personally, I'd remove the cooler and attempt to get an i3-8100 if at all possible.

i7-12700k | MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 | 2x16GB Team Group DDR4-3200CL14 | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | EVGA FTW3 2070 SUPER | 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus | 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM | Fractal Design Meshify C

Personally, I would remove the intel parts alltogether, and replace with ryzen. Get the Tomohawk motherboard from MSI and the R3 1200/1300, then remove the cooler and use stock. Hope i help

James

The i3 is a horrible value, and there's no need for an aftermarket cooler. Why the marriage to Intel? I agree with you on the NVIDIA GPU, but a Ryzen 5 1400 would do so much better at the $550 price range. Consider:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($147.68 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($40.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU800 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($52.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($41.77 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card  ($154.89 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 3.1 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $553.28
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-19 15:08 EST-0500

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

i built a pc with this cpu and video card a few days ago.

it'll run games like overwatch on ultra, and games like ARK on high/ultra.

one tip though, you can use the stock cooler to save some money. it's more than fine for that cpu.

Just now, Joelsome said:

Personally, I would remove the intel parts alltogether, and replace with ryzen. Get the Tomohawk motherboard from MSI and the R3 1200/1300, then remove the cooler and use stock. Hope i help

no. ryzen 1200 is worse for gaming. jayztwocents proved it. for gaming, the I3 is better.

She/Her

I like the aftermarket cooler cuse it looks better it performance a bit better and personally hate intels thermal solution, plus is just 10 bucks more

4 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

i built a pc with this cpu and video card a few days ago.

it'll run games like overwatch on ultra, and games like ARK on high/ultra.

one tip though, you can use the stock cooler to save some money. it's more than fine for that cpu.

no. ryzen 1200 is worse for gaming. jayztwocents proved it. for gaming, the I3 is better.

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-7100-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-1200/3891vs3931

R3 would be better since OP could theoretically upgrade for four more years.

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

1 minute ago, Kilo One said:

I like the aftermarket cooler cuse it looks better it performance a bit better and personally hate intels thermal solution, plus is just 10 bucks more

You wont get any more performance, youre not overclocking. You cant even see inside the case.

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

Just now, QuantumBit said:

You wont get any more performance, youre not overclocking. You cant even see inside the case.

That is why i suggested the case i suggested... it has a window...

Just now, Joelsome said:

That is why i suggested the case i suggested... it has a window...

I posted this before you did... 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

2 minutes ago, Kilo One said:

No, it's not. That particular Rosewill cooler is better by a couple of degrees at most, and it's LOUD. The Z300 version of that same cooler has a better fan and copper slug, and it's a better buy overall.

That said, a Ryzen 5 1400 comes with a box cooler that can kick either of their asses, and stomps on the i3-7100 in games and productivity ;)

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

and it's LOUD

Is anything louder than intel's stock cooler xD

29 minutes ago, Kilo One said:

A jet engine???

35 minutes ago, Kilo One said:

Anyone asking that question has yet to venture into the world of cheap stock replacements.

That Rosewill is LOUD. Get the Ryzen for God's sake. It's a better build in every way, including an SSD.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($40.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SK hynix - SL308 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($52.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($41.77 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB SC GAMING Video Card  ($189.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Rosewill - FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($26.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $552.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-19 18:31 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Looks good, however I would switch to a coffee lake processor from Intel. 

Former Bronze Contributor 

CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz / CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7  / Board: ASRock Z270 Taichi / GPU: Nvidia 1060 6gb EVGA SC / GPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken G12 with Thermaltake Water 3.0 120mm RAM: White Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2666 MHz SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo 250 and 3TB WD blue HDD / PSU: Corasir 550cx / Case: NZXT s340 Elite White 

Im a super Italian. Kapish.