Periferals

so today i have treated myself to a new Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2. and i am happy that i have upgraded from my old Deathstalker. The blackwiddow has such a nice satisfying tactile feedback compared to my Deathstalker. i wasnt 100% sure oin which keyboard to buy so i went to my local store to try out the ones that they had on the demonstration shelf. and i walked away with a bank balance £165 lighter and a new Blackwidow. 

What keyboards are all you guys using and why did you opt for the one you decided to buy???

P,S: i will be selling my deathstalker in the coming days 

I'm using the Corsair K95 RGB because it has the most RGB and the most buttons.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

thats a fare point to make but i dont really have any need for the extra buttons lol. all i was looking for in my new keyboard was a nice tactile feel and the most important thing RGB. but the 5 extra macro keys are useful to have for a couple functions but i really doubt that i will be using them very much.

i use a Zowie ZA12 mouse, and a BTC5100C keyboard.

i tried a few mechanical keyboards, namely the Corsair K65 with MX-Reds and the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-i with MX Browns, but nothing beats typing on this old thing!

20170826_120318.thumb.jpg.ceb4d0a71ba4cc5767d5a8190beb0502.jpg

Never ever bought a "gaming" or "mechanical" keyboard. Happy with my Microsoft membrane keyboard. Has got multi-media keys like volume up and down, and has a shortcut button to open calculator on pc :)

If I were to have  reason to upgrade it would be that I can't press many buttons at the same time. (Important in games).

I had a 10 year old MS multimedia keyboard as well! I was happy enough with it, but upgraded to a Corsair K70 with Browns this year. I love it! 

Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with MX Blues and Ninja printing.  I bought this because I wanted more space for my mouse, Mx Blues, didn't need LEDs and fancied ninja printing keycaps.  It is a solid keyboard but I must say that it is quite expensive.

I personally went with the G.Skill KM780R. It was on sale for $90. It normally costs the same amount as the Corsair K70 has about the same build quality as the Corsair K70, but offers more features, such as 6 macro keys, slack control for your mouse cord, and mic and audio out passthrough (in addition to having everything the K70 has). The one downside is the RGB isn't nearly as good as Corsair's, but in the end I'd rather take the additional features that the KM780R offers.

It should also be noted that the KM780 (no R) comes with contoured keycaps and a keycap puller, but they don't look like they feel all that great, and it's not on sale for nearly as much.

• 5 weeks later...
On 21/11/2017 at 8:47 PM, NWhite4720 said:

I personally went with the G.Skill KM780R. It was on sale for $90. It normally costs the same amount as the Corsair K70 has about the same build quality as the Corsair K70, but offers more features, such as 6 macro keys, slack control for your mouse cord, and mic and audio out passthrough (in addition to having everything the K70 has). The one downside is the RGB isn't nearly as good as Corsair's, but in the end I'd rather take the additional features that the KM780R offers.

It should also be noted that the KM780 (no R) comes with contoured keycaps and a keycap puller, but they don't look like they feel all that great, and it's not on sale for nearly as much.

what FPS are you getting from your build??? i am using an almost identicle system except i have AMD A10-9700 APU, 8gb ram (1x8gb 2133) and a B350 motherboard.

Here are mine. Both custom built on the GH60 PCB, both with 62g Zealios switches and PBT keycaps with dye-subed legends. One is rosewood with a carbon fiber face plate, DSA profile caps. The other is all anodized aluminum with XDA profile caps. 

Why I chose these? I prefer smaller keyboards so I never have to move away from the default hand position. They run the open source and highly customizeable QMK firmware, which lets me remap any key and program in custom layers, macros and functions. IMG_20171110_135405.thumb.jpg.0bfc3cbd6d636cdfab0267b4b6b1991f.jpg

1 hour ago, eddycuss said:

what FPS are you getting from your build??? i am using an almost identicle system except i have AMD A10-9700 APU, 8gb ram (1x8gb 2133) and a B350 motherboard.

You'd have to be more specific about the games. I tend to play older games, and I play at 1080p, so I'm getting 144 FPS most of the time at maximum settings. However in the few newer games that I have, I get anywhere from 70-100 FPS at high (and sometimes maximum) settings.

16 hours ago, NWhite4720 said:

You'd have to be more specific about the games. I tend to play older games, and I play at 1080p, so I'm getting 144 FPS most of the time at maximum settings. However in the few newer games that I have, I get anywhere from 70-100 FPS at high (and sometimes maximum) settings.

im playing games like saints row 3, unreal tournament black edition, ETS2, and getting 60-180 fps on each

CM storm XT planky thingy.. with brown switches. Super high quality and really fond of it. BUT! if we talk pure performance i think shorter trow keys is the way to go. And i know red cherries are faster in games like starcraft.. they are just lighter and easier for that use. For typing they are worse. I had a membrane i used at the time too. it was washable and had shorter trow i preferred that for accuracy and typing. But it was harder to push down/hold so to reduce my inflammation of the tendons i had at the time i replaced it with the CM storm again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/01/2018 at 5:06 PM, Phantonex said:

I use the black widow chroma v2 also, and I am happy with it :D

i find it a very satisfying keyboard to use. before i bought it i tried out a few in pc world and prefered this one over all the others they had in stock