are 27inch 1080p monitors good?

Symbolz

i have heard alot of people say that 27 inch 1080p monitors arent ideal, i want to but one to play console on just wondering if anyone has experience with this

PPI too low. Unless you're very far away from your monitor, avoid.

Error: 410

It's relaxing on the eyes from a distance in triple surround. Other than that, it's mostly preference. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I have a 27-inch at 1440p and my friend has one at 1080p. The 1080p one looks too big. The 1440p looks nice and crisp. 

I haven't owned one personally, but I tried one at Fry's and they are pretty bad if you're sitting close to it. I would get one for a kitchen TV maybe, I'm not really paying that much attention to it and it's far away. Other than that either buy a 24" 1080p or 27" 1440p monitor.

Spoiler

If you are just going to be using it to console game I would opt for a 23'' display. I bought a 23'' Asus with 2ms response time to play Xbox on and it's amazing!

If you are just going to be using it to console game I would opt for a 23'' display. I bought a 23'' Asus with 2ms response time to play Xbox on and it's amazing!

I haven't owned one personally, but I tried one at Fry's and they are pretty bad if you're sitting close to it. I would get one for a kitchen TV maybe, I'm not really paying that much attention to it and it's far away. Other than that either buy a 24" 1080p or 27" 1440p monitor.

It's relaxing on the eyes from a distance in triple surround. Other than that, it's mostly preference. 

i want to get a 1440p monitor for my pc, my only thing holding me back from getting a 23 inch one is the fact that it will look a bit silly that the monitors arent the same size cause they will be right next to each other 

not all monitors are created equal. its something you have to see for yourself and decide, no one can tell you otherwise. 

If you're sitting about 7+ feet away it should be fine.

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July