PuRrRrrfect monitor :) (Asus pg348q)

Karl Sven

Hi there! :D

Well, the thing follows like this:

Not so long ago this little cuties arrived to home and they decided that their place to be would be just in front of the monitor.

I have no problem with that whatsoever. My concern comes when they get friendlier with the monitor panel (which I believe is made of plastic) and put their claws on it.

I've made a research and found little to nothing about if a cat can scratch a monitor panel. I know cat nails are made of keratin... but is the plastic of the panel harder than this material to avoid the scratch? That's my main concern. 

Any light thrown to the theme would be really appreciated :)

3 Kittens.jpg

Beatiful beast.jpg

Pysling.jpg

Whats that!.jpg

OMG :x Cute!! I love cats :D 

I would say don't let them scratch at it. It may take a while but eventually they will damage it.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

4 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

OMG :x Cute!! I love cats :D 

I would say don't let them scratch at it. It may take a while but eventually they will damage it.

Uhmmmm that's what I also think. But try to train a cat :D good luck xD 

That's the thing. I mean I know would be very easy just to... put them away or NOT HAVE CATS xD but that's not the sittuation. And they won't stop... So before I buy any "cat-repelent" I would like to know better which of these 2 materials is harder "keratin or plastic". Or if anyone has a previous experience with this and knows if they can damage it.

Just keep throwing them off the table, they'll get it eventually.

If they keep swatting at the monitor, they will eventually scratch it.

Adorable picture though :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

They probably can scratch it, but i'd more concerned about the cables. If they manage to tear the power cable those are going to be some fried kitties.

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

Just keep throwing them off the table, they'll get it eventually.

If they keep swatting at the monitor, they will eventually scratch it.

Adorable picture though :P

Are you sure of that? Did you saw it before that they can actually make traces on the panel? 

3 minutes ago, Karl Sven said:

Are you sure of that? Did you saw it before that they can actually make traces on the panel? 

Well think about what they can do in relatively hard wood. Plastic isn't any stronger...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, LDShadowLord said:

They probably can scratch it, but i'd more concerned about the cables. If they manage to tear the power cable those are going to be some fried kitties.

Hahaha well they're cats not langurs :)

Don't "worry", they won't mess with any cable. Stick to the monitor thing if possible :D 

Thanks. 

Pretty much anything can scratch a panel if they keep at it enough. Its more about the micro scratches that do happen every time something goes against it. Eventually you will be able to see them and they will be really annoying. Also for cat repellent just get a spray bottle with a bit of water in it and a focused nozzle. Everytime they go for the screen get em with it a little bit. Eventually they do learn.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Just now, dizmo said:

Well think about what they can do in relatively hard wood. Plastic isn't any stronger...

Yeh but can you scratch plastic with wood? I mean it's a principle that stays that if a material is hard enough can scratch the other material. As goes with diamond on steel for example. Steel can brake diamonds because of the structure but diamond can scratch the metal because of the separation between the atoms xD Sorry I'm a little cience freak. The only thing I'm missing here is that if keratin (cat claws) can actually scratch plastic

7 minutes ago, Karl Sven said:

Yeh but can you scratch plastic with wood? I mean it's a principle that stays that if a material is hard enough can scratch the other material. As goes with diamond on steel for example. Steel can brake diamonds because of the structure but diamond can scratch the metal because of the separation between the atoms xD Sorry I'm a little cience freak. The only thing I'm missing here is that if keratin (cat claws) can actually scratch plastic

Kind of irrelevant though, no? If a cat can scratch wood, it can scratch soft plastic :P

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Kind of irrelevant though, no? If a cat can scratch wood, it can scratch soft plastic :P

Don't think you got what I meant xD but it's ok. I do apreciate the effort of being here ^^ Thanks anyway. 

And if makes of help for what I was trying to describe is: You put wood as an example of "if cats can scratch wood well... they will do same with plastic" Implying that wood is harder than plastic. And I was trying to describe you the fact of: "is actually wood harder that plastic? Cause maybe not". That a material appears to be more fragile than the other doesn't mean is always softer. And then I tried to described further talking about a cristal --> Diamond looks more fragile but is indeed harder than any metal :) I also tried to develop little further after talking about molecules... But I don't think I described it well enough. :)

As I said Thanks anyway