Is my setup enough for a 1440p screen with 144MHz refresh rate?

Cyberspirit

I'd like to step my game up with a new monitor but, I don't know much about the high-end ones.

So the question is my PC strong enough to run games at 1440p?

Here are my specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/mr.spirit/saved/bv9FTW

I'm currently using an AOC I2481FXH it looks great but its refresh rate is 59/60 and I'm getting sick of screen tearing.

The FPS games I play are mostly Overwatch, Titanfall 2 and Fortnite at the moment

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

5 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

I'd like to step my game up with a new monitor but, I don't know much about the high-end ones.

I'm currently using an AOC I2481FXH it looks great but its refresh rate is 59/60 and I'm getting sick of screen tearing.

The FPS games I play are mostly Overwatch, Titanfall 2 and Fortnite at the moment

May have to turn down settings in some games but should be fine

Just now, Glenwing said:

May have to turn down settings in some games but should be fine

Would it look bad if I set the resolution to 1080p to reach 144Hertz on a 1440p monitor?

12 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

i have some thoughts for you! your pc is strong enough to run certain games at 144hz 1440p, it just depends on the game an what settings you're using for each game. you can definitely run overwatch at 144hz @1440p, not sure about titan fall 2 or fortnite.

unrelated to your topic- your power supply might be slightly overkill unless you plan to SLI in the future.

also, i'm not sure of the other uses of your computer but if it's mostly gaming you could probably get away with knocking off on of those 1TB hard drives and save some money.

one more thing, do you really need windows 10 pro?

if you get a cheaper PSU, knock off one of those hard drives, and don't get win 10 pro, you would have more budget for a nicer gpu or monitor. those are my thoughts! 

why not 1080p 144? i have an ASUS VG248QE and its great :)

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

32GB corsair LPX ddr4 ram 

12 minutes ago, Nfrahm1 said:

i have some thoughts for you! your pc is strong enough to run certain games at 144hz 1440p, it just depends on the game an what settings you're using for each game. you can definitely run overwatch at 144hz @1440p, not sure about titan fall 2 or fortnite.

unrelated to your topic- your power supply might be slightly overkill unless you plan to SLI in the future.

also, i'm not sure of the other uses of your computer but if it's mostly gaming you could probably get away with knocking off on of those 1TB hard drives and save some money.

one more thing, do you really need windows 10 pro?

if you get a cheaper PSU, knock off one of those hard drives, and don't get win 10 pro, you would have more budget for a nicer gpu or monitor. those are my thoughts! 

Sorry for the misunderstanding but I already have this build so can't really change that now :P 

As for the Hard drives if I could I would just get one big HDD instead of these two noisy bastards but too late now.

20 minutes ago, That-Something_ said:

why not 1080p 144? i have an ASUS VG248QE and its great :)

Well, so many people are praising 1440p with 144Hz so I figured it'd be nice to step up from 1080p to 1440p.

Just now, Cyberspirit said:

Well, so many people are praising 1440p with 144MHz so I figured it'd be nice to step up from 1080p to 1440p.

True, but i don't really see the difference between 1440p and 1080p, you could always use "frame scaling".  also MHz? i thought it was Hz

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

Just now, That-Something_ said:

also MHz? i thought it was Hz

Oh sorry, forgot that.

Just now, Cyberspirit said:

Oh sorry, forgot that.

the 1440p is good just not with high/ultra settings :)

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU