Random GPU Question

ApexSutton31

Hello all,

A question I've always wondered, but maybe not looked into deep enough to find out. I have a Founder's Edition 1080ti cuz I planned on doing a full watercooling build. Didn't happen, but that's a story for another day. Lol.

My question is, is there a difference in thermals and clock speeds on the AIB blower style GPUs (such as the Gigabyte Turbo and etc.), compared to the Nvidia stock blowers? Or are they exactly the same, just from an AIB partner? No idea why, I've just always wondered this.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Well they are not "Exactly" the same but they share the concept of a blower fan design. So with that you will probably experience slightly higher thermals and excessive noise from that one fan being cranked up all the time.  If you were looking into swapping your FE for a partner blower style card you probably wouldnt be too impressed... your better off getting a 2-3 fan card with a larger heat sink.

47 minutes ago, ApexSutton31 said:

Hello all,

A question I've always wondered, but maybe not looked into deep enough to find out. I have a Founder's Edition 1080ti cuz I planned on doing a full watercooling build. Didn't happen, but that's a story for another day. Lol.

My question is, is there a difference in thermals and clock speeds on the AIB blower style GPUs (such as the Gigabyte Turbo and etc.), compared to the Nvidia stock blowers? Or are they exactly the same, just from an AIB partner? No idea why, I've just always wondered this.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

The 1080TI ftw 2 more power connectors then the stock, better cooling, better VRM's, better overclocking, more power phases, just a better card :)

i7-7700k @4.8GHz

Asus Maxmius IX hero

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW 3

850w EVGA PSU

32GB corsair LPX ddr4 ram 

1 hour ago, Tz000 said:

Well they are not "Exactly" the same but they share the concept of a blower fan design. So with that you will probably experience slightly higher thermals and excessive noise from that one fan being cranked up all the time.  If you were looking into swapping your FE for a partner blower style card you probably wouldnt be too impressed... your better off getting a 2-3 fan card with a larger heat sink.

No no, I wasn't planning on swapping that route. Lol. I'm going for a three fan design when I trade up 1080ti's. I was honestly just wondering if the fans or heatsinks were somehow better on AIB partners' cards compared to FE cards in the blower style aspect. I mean, I figured that if they were any different, it wouldn't be much different. Just a question that I have always thought about and figured the LTT forum would have known of or so. Lol. Thanks for the reply though for sure!

56 minutes ago, That-Something_ said:

The 1080TI ftw 2 more power connectors then the stock, better cooling, better VRM's, better overclocking, more power phases, just a better card :)

Yeah, I've heard and read about pretty much all the EVGA cards being amazing on warranties and performance. I'm wanting to go three fan design though such as MSI Duke, FTW3, Asus Strix. That sort of thing. I think Gamer's Nexus or someone did some testing and found that, although kind of expected but still, that three fan designs do better for temps than two fans.