OPEN LETTER TO ALL

Donnel Rubio

HI LTT fans! I would like to share what I have learned for today. Going straight to the point. NEVER TAKE WHAT YOU HAVE FOR GRANTED. Yes my friends. We should be thankful for what we have. Putting into the context of computer and technology, most of the youth here inthe Phippines dont even know how to manipulate a computer. Some are just dreaming,like me, that someday I can have an own Build High end desktop computer. But tofay I learned to be thankful for what I have and be inspired to strive harder in life to achieve these dreams. It just hit me hard when I see people complaining about their Very High end rig like an Incapable one. 

To Linus: Please keep what youre doing to share at least visual experience to computer fanatics like me to high end PC's but this is a challege for the channel to make a CHANGE for the world and bring the goodness of technology within reach for everyone. 

Well this is something you need to do with LIFE, not just pc's.

I don't have a high-end rig, it's an i3 with an RX 480, it's not great, but decent and not a potato.

It's slow somtimes because i need MOAR COREZ for some tasks for school but, i do eventually get there, sometimes very slow but hey, at least it worked.

I learned to live with "little" when i was younger and i will be able to afford a lot more in the near future. And while you might think "damn you can build a high-end rig then!" yea i could, but i won't. I mean it would be nice but tbh, i'm happy with what i have (i might upgrade the CPU and whatever but that's more because it actually needs one, not just because i can)

Same goes for cars. My parents made sure i have a nice one, but i just don't like t as much as most people would, i think... I mean luxury cars are nice but, i don't like them. I don't like any new car these days actually. Mainly because they look, boring... Like most manufacturers basically create a general design, make different sizes of it and sell that. Why? New expensive stuff might sound awesome for people that don't have much, but honestly it's not nearly as cool as you might think. I'll never buy a new car or almost new car ever. Even if i have the money, i won't.

It's not only about not taking what you have for granted but putting things into perspective.

Also, ltt might not make the world better by giving away hardware or something but what they might cause is that teens or young adults look at their video's, think "i want that too" and decide to go out and get a job, or go to school, or whatever. Motivation is very important and i'm sure LTT gave a lot of people motivation to do beautiful things in life because they want to reach goals that they created for themselves because LTT gave them a reason having those goals in the first place.

I for example decided to keep going to school for 2 reasons.

1) i still felt like a kid that couldn't do sh*t so getting a job would be pointless, i can't do anything.

2) i've been dreaming about a specific car for YEARS, and i know if i complete my studies (which i probably will in june) and start to work, i'll be able to afford one after a few months. That basically pushed me over the line and is the main cause of me going to school for another 3 years. It's not a new car, (it's around 17 years old) but it has been going up in value a LOT (50% rise in the last 2-3 years), there are only 2.000 of them ever build and they only sold them in japan. It's a rare animal but if i want one i just HAVE to pass this year and start working asap. Prices are still rising and once they are 25 years old i won't be able to buy one anymore because the value will skyrocket because from that point it will be allowed to be imported into the US and i'm 100% sure people that live there want one.

Anyway, boring rant and life story aside. Live now, think about tomorrow, be happy and never forget what you have.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I am sorry i couldn't give you a like and an agree for your post, they only allow one but i agree too! The Philippines is grow rapidly with technology acceptance so be somewhat assured that things will change.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

4 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Same goes for cars. My parents made sure i have a nice one, but i just don't like t as much as most people would, i think... I mean luxury cars are nice but, i don't like them. I don't like any new car these days actually. Mainly because they look, boring... Like most manufacturers basically create a general design, make different sizes of it and sell that. Why? New expensive stuff might sound awesome for people that don't have much, but honestly it's not nearly as cool as you might think. I'll never buy a new car or almost new car ever. Even if i have the money, i won't.

I for example decided to keep going to school for 2 reasons.

1) i still felt like a kid that couldn't do sh*t so getting a job would be pointless, i can't do anything.

2) i've been dreaming about a specific car for YEARS, and i know if i complete my studies (which i probably will in june) and start to work, i'll be able to afford one after a few months. That basically pushed me over the line and is the main cause of me going to school for another 3 years. It's not a new car, (it's around 17 years old) but it has been going up in value a LOT (50% rise in the last 2-3 years), there are only 2.000 of them ever build and they only sold them in japan. It's a rare animal but if i want one i just HAVE to pass this year and start working asap. Prices are still rising and once they are 25 years old i won't be able to buy one anymore because the value will skyrocket because from that point it will be allowed to be imported into the US and i'm 100% sure people that live there want one.

Anyway, boring rant and life story aside. Live now, think about tomorrow, be happy and never forget what you have.

Sounds like your saying you dont need a new fancy car since your fine with having a old crappy one and lifes all good even for people who drive crappy cars.

But at the same time your saying that you just dont find them interesting enough to own and you want old and rare car that is expensive. Thats legit  a very contradicting thing... Let me Guess R33/34 

Sounds like you know the right values to some degree but think you value them more then you really do. you basically also said your too good to work as well cause you wouldn't get paid enough would be pointless?  Cant goto work and school? 

EDIT: im somewhat sorry comming off as a d*** lol. i Do try my best to think positive like this now. 

I am personally working on thinking like this more and more i grew up without a lot of it and it made me chase getting nice things thinking i had to have them/ wanted them. though now im sitting here having had blown through a lot of money cause i spent it all on tech and cars. ive done decent  for myself and spent it as a pride thing worked hard earned it my self so i ran with it. Im growing up more and realizing how dumb i was for it spending so much on just things

Not what I was expecting (but that is good).

Either way though ...

- Moved to Off Topic -

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

17 hours ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Sounds like your saying you dont need a new fancy car since your fine with having a old crappy one and lifes all good even for people who drive crappy cars.

But at the same time your saying that you just dont find them interesting enough to own and you want old and rare car that is expensive. Thats legit  a very contradicting thing... Let me Guess R33/34 

Sounds like you know the right values to some degree but think you value them more then you really do. you basically also said your too good to work as well cause you wouldn't get paid enough would be pointless?  Cant goto work and school? 

EDIT: im somewhat sorry comming off as a d*** lol. i Do try my best to think positive like this now. 

I am personally working on thinking like this more and more i grew up without a lot of it and it made me chase getting nice things thinking i had to have them/ wanted them. though now im sitting here having had blown through a lot of money cause i spent it all on tech and cars. ive done decent  for myself and spent it as a pride thing worked hard earned it my self so i ran with it. Im growing up more and realizing how dumb i was for it spending so much on just things

Car was almost right :P stagea 260RS. Much cheaper than an R34 GT-R tho (10-15k, including getting it imported and modified so it's allowed on the road here) but does share a lot of stuff, including the 4WD system and the RB26DETT. I wouldn't say it's exactly expensive because almost every new car costs the same or more. Even a new simple sedan costs about the same here. And the Stagea is also an investment that will go up in value so it's not like a spend a lot of money for basically nothing.

And about new vs old, apart from hating new ones quite a lot, it's mainly the level of luxury that i don't mind. A brand new luxury car is imo like "meh" and i would be perfectly happy with a simple new sedan. If it gets me from A to B with reasonable comfort and reliably, i'm happy. I don't need leather seats or a 10+ speaker setup or whatever.

Getting paid enough isn't really the reason why i kept studying. The issue was that i felt like a stupid idiot that barely knows anything so i would only get the crappy jobs. The jobs i want to do would be out of my reach if i stopped going to school which is also part of the reason why i kept studying.

I guess in the end it's all about perspective as well...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

22 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

This thread doesn't have nearly as much 'LTT SUCKS NOW' as I expected when I clicked on it.  I'm kinda...Disappointed.

Lmfao you were hoping for another "lets shit on LTT without thinking it through first" post, weren't you? It's like you have a 6th sense for shitposting.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 17/11/2017 at 4:33 PM, Donnel Rubio said:

HI LTT fans! I would like to share what I have learned for today. Going straight to the point. NEVER TAKE WHAT YOU HAVE FOR GRANTED. Yes my friends. We should be thankful for what we have. Putting into the context of computer and technology, most of the youth here inthe Phippines dont even know how to manipulate a computer. Some are just dreaming,like me, that someday I can have an own Build High end desktop computer. But tofay I learned to be thankful for what I have and be inspired to strive harder in life to achieve these dreams. It just hit me hard when I see people complaining about their Very High end rig like an Incapable one. 

To Linus: Please keep what youre doing to share at least visual experience to computer fanatics like me to high end PC's but this is a challege for the channel to make a CHANGE for the world and bring the goodness of technology within reach for everyone. 

Just because you can afford something high end, it doesn't mean you don't have the right to complain about its shortcomings. My ram was wrecked a while back and until I replaced it, I was complaining about my rig all the time. That being said, you can always take steps to fix the problems with it. 

Yup... Don't take your shit for granted, well said. Back when I had a Athlon 64 and heard people complaining about their FX or Core 2s it was just painful to hear. xD

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer