Creating dynamic drives

yorickpeeren

Hi, I have a hybrid tablet/laptop which has an internal 60 gb drive running windows 10. This drive is getting quite full and I was thinking of using an external usb stick as extra storage. I would like to expand the internal hard drive with the external in raid. I'm no expert but some googleing learned that this should be possible. I learned that for setting up the raid the internal drive should be a 'dynamic' drive. In disk manager i get the option to do this but I get an errot message saying that there is not enough space on the disk. Can anyone help me to solve this or is there another better way to extend my storage? Thanks

You can try using windows storage spaces (as long as you have windows 8 and newer). I don't know if it works with usb flash drives though.

(ノ≧∇≦)ノ ミ ┸━┸

That's what I tried first but there I got the error 'can't make the group, check station connection and try again'. I thought this was because the drive wasn't dynamic. So making it dynamic doesn't work for me in the first place.