[For Fun] Stereotypes of different car drivers?

Tcrumpen

List some stereotypes you or your culture has about certain types of drivers i'll get started

BMW: In the outside lane of the motorway too close to the car in front generally arsehole drivers

Volvo: Care about safety above all else

Rover: Old man

Porsche: Can't afford a more luxurious sports car, midlife crisis

VW: Mr/Mrs Sensible

Ferrari: "Show off!"

Jaguar: It's ok cos i've got a JAAAAAAG!, normally guy in his 50s

Audi: "Boring" also known to be arsehole drivers

Old Renault: Yobbo

Mitsubishi: Hardcore tuner/Boy racer

Yes a lot of these have appeared on Top Gear, but for the most part the stereotypes remain true

5 hours ago, Tcrumpen said:

List some stereotypes you or your culture has about certain types of drivers i'll get started

BMW: In the outside lane of the motorway too close to the car in front generally arsehole drivers

Volvo: Care about safety above all else

Rover: Old man

Porsche: Can't afford a more luxurious sports car, midlife crisis

VW: Mr/Mrs Sensible

Ferrari: "Show off!"

Jaguar: It's ok cos i've got a JAAAAAAG!, normally guy in his 50s

Audi: "Boring" also known to be arsehole drivers

Old Renault: Yobbo

Mitsubishi: Hardcore tuner/Boy racer

Yes a lot of these have appeared on Top Gear, but for the most part the stereotypes remain true

I have a VW, and I'm sensible.

So... yay?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

• Mazda: You spend a lot of time circlejerking on /r/ cars and it's flavor of the month. "fast slow car is better than slow fast car."
  • Subaru: You either vape or are a lesbian. Or both.
  • Honda & Toyota: The car is an appliance. One to be cared for and respected, but an appliance nonetheless. Boring.
  • BMW: Bad driver.
  • Lincoln: Bad driver.
  • Mercedes Benz: Bad driver / trophy wife.
  • Nissan: In their mid-50's and thinks that Nissan is still competitive.
  • Chevy: See above.
  • Corvette: Midlife crisis.
  • Chrysler: Wannabe pimp or a soccer mom.

Ram: Micropenis.

Can we drill down to specific cars? Or just brands?

Lifted truck in a hot area without a hint of dirt on it: Tiny dick.

2 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Mazda: You spend a lot of time circlejerking on /r/ cars and it's flavor of the month. "fast slow car is better than slow fast car."

Subaru: You either vape or are a lesbian. Or both.

Honda & Toyota: The car is an appliance. One to be cared for and respected, but an appliance nonetheless. 

Corvette: Midlife crisis.

Personally I hate Honda's. I dislike the aesthetic they normally go for, and I really REALLY have a passion for hating Civics.

I do quite like Toyota's though.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Personally I hate Honda's. I dislike the aesthetic they normally go for, and I really REALLY have a passion for hating Civics.

I do quite like Toyota's though.

I group them together because, aside from aesthetics, they have a lot in common. I.E. Lineup wise they are direct competitors in most prices, and are both well known for being very reliable. I have an Accord.

I'm also editing in more as I think of them :P 

13 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I don't really like their new design logic, but my aunt's 2012? Civic is really nice. Other than her brakes I really like how it drives/feels too honestly. If I had to go for a cheaper car I'd probably choose one of those.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

15 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Nissan: In their mid-50's and thinks that Nissan is still competitive

Unless they're driving a Z most people in a Nissan are like the Honda and Toyota.

Subaru: You either vape or are a lesbian. Or both.

Dunno where this came from, most people I see in Subarus are either normal people (see other Japan makers) or the people that supe up WRXs.

I used to be quite active here.

Just now, Kobathor said:

Dunno where this came from, most people I see in Subarus are either normal people (see other Japan makers) or the people that supe up WRXs.

Me too, I've never seen the stereotypes I said personally. Most subarus I've seen a WRXs. I was just saying the classic stereotype.

Just now, JoeyDM said:

Me too, I've never seen the stereotypes I said personally. Most subarus I've seen a WRXs. I was just saying the classic stereotype.

o

don't forget suped up Imprezas too

I used to be quite active here.

I group them together because, aside from aesthetics, they have a lot in common. I.E. Lineup wise they are direct competitors in most prices, and are both well known for being very reliable. I have an Accord.

I'm also editing in more as I think of them :P 

Haha quite true - both are considered "the reliable choice" - they tend to have good value in terms of features for a cheaper car. I prefer the Toyota interior though - I've got a CR-V as a rental right now, and I really don't like it (aside from position of the Cruise Control - I do love that). I had a Camry (fully specced out) as a rental earlier in the year that I loved.

2 minutes ago, tmcclelland455 said:

I don't really like their new design logic, but my aunt's 2012? Civic is really nice. Other than her brakes I really like how it drives/feels too honestly. If I had to go for a cheaper car I'd probably choose one of those.

I can't stand Civics at all - never liked the looks, newer or older.

The biggest problem I have with them is that people treat Civics as if they were freaking God's Gift To Men, and are the best car ever and are so awesome.

In my opinion: They're not. You can dress a Civic Up quite a bit, but in the end, it's still a Civic.

Cars: Idiots

Trucks: Idiots who can drive

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

The biggest problem I have with them is that people treat Civics as if they were freaking God's Gift To Men, and are the best car ever and are so awesome.

In my opinion: They're not. You can dress a Civic Up quite a bit, but in the end, it's still a Civic.

Yeah sadly the downside to getting a Honda car is that they have quite possibly the most annoying cult of people following them besides S14/S15's and old VW's.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Just now, tmcclelland455 said:

Yeah sadly the downside to getting a Honda car is that they have quite possibly the most annoying cult of people following them besides S14/S15's and old VW's.

At least it's not as bad as the early 2000's (right after the original Fast & Furious was released), when everyone and their mother were buying WRX's with giant stupid spoilers.

I mean, that still happens, of course. Just less so.

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

At least it's not as bad as the early 2000's (right after the original Fast & Furious was released), when everyone and their mother were buying WRX's with giant stupid spoilers.

Don't forget Eclipses and whatknot. Like looking back now I kinda like the look the actual movie cars had, but good god I'm so glad that phase of car modding "culture" is gone.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Don't forget Eclipses and whatknot. Like looking back now I kinda like the look the actual movie cars had, but good god I'm so glad that phase of car modding "culture" is gone.

Though right now (at least where I live), Hyundai Genesis's are the new hot car to mod. We had an intern buy one and put a ridiculously large spoiler on it :P

Just now, dalekphalm said:

Though right now (at least where I live), Hyundai Genesis's are the new hot car to mod. We had an intern buy one and put a ridiculously large spoiler on it :P

I'm stuck in redneck country with stock Ram 1500/F150's with the largest cab and smallest bed combos, and the shittier early 2000's models, and then finally the hideously modified trucks. :/

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, tmcclelland455 said:

I'm stuck in redneck country with stock Ram 1500/F150's with the largest cab and smallest bed combos, and the shittier early 2000's models, and then finally the hideously modified trucks. :/

Ew. I once saw a lifted dooley  with small racing wheels. It's a wonder I'm not blind. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I don't know how I would be classified....nor my wife either. 

Daily driver is a 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4t manual transmission. 

Fun cars are as follows: 

2006 Saab 9-2x Aero

1963 Corvette convertible

1972 Dodge Dart Demon

Project car: 1987 Saab 900 SPG

Wife's daily driver: 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

Fun Car: 2007 Lotus Elise S

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Here is how it goes in my country (Morocco)

Audi, BMW, Mercedes : Pricks

Renault drivers : Cant drive for shit

Peugeot drivers : Usually normal but will t-bone you at some point

VW Golf drivers : Will cut you off

Fucking Range Rovers : Do i even need to say anything

You cannot imagine driving here

1 hour ago, JoeyDM said:
  • Subaru: You either vape or are a lesbian. Or both.
  • Honda & Toyota: The car is an appliance. One to be cared for and respected, but an appliance nonetheless. Boring.

Hey I have both a Subaru and a Honda.  I do vape (I did before I got the subaru).

And my accord is hardly an appliance.  It's loud, stupidly low, has a very stiff ride, and you'll probably die if you attempt to drive it in the rain or in temperatures below 45 degrees F.  It also will hang on in a sweeping corner better than pretty much anything I've ever ridden in.  I keep it around for doing obnoxious race car things because I don't care if I break it.  Coming from the factory with double wishbone suspension means that very little work is needed to make that appliance out-handle some expensive sports cars.

I will say that the 8th gen civic Si (06-2011) has managed to become the official car of fuccboi's everywhere lately.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

BMW: semi-rich punks who are owners of liquor stores that profit from legit supermarkets

Mercedes: mostly same as above mentioned stereotype

Hondas: (Civic's): punks who think their custom exhaust sounds intense but actually sounds like Crazy Frog

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

BMW: cunts, and I don't mean that lightly

Audi: less of a cunt than BMW driver but not necessarily one you want to talk or interact with

Mercedes: oh jesus

Ford: pretend American

Toyota: I don't care for making my car a ricer

Honda: I'll make my fucking Odyssey a ricer

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Kia and Hyundai: My car is more or less an appliance but hey, there's a fair bit of diversity in the kinds of others who own Kias and Hyundais

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

9 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Is it just me or, don't the first gen Mazda6's kinda have a poorly designed spoiler?

As in it looks ugly, can hardly be functional I bet and just more or less of a why did you do that Mazda?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

9 hours ago, wcreek said:

Kia and Hyundai: My car is more or less an appliance but hey, there's a fair bit of diversity in the kinds of others who own Kias and Hyundais

You know I just saw a commercial last night for a new Kia: A Kia Stinger - and it actually looked pretty damn interesting. I guess it's Kia's take on a modern pony car. Sporty with actual power (not like a compact with 150 HP "power").