The $500 Flagship Killer - OnePlus 5T HANDS ON

25 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

The only thing it kills flagships in is price:performance (and RAM plus UX performance)

Shouldn't be a problem then because this forum loves price/performance ;-)

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

4 hours ago, dizmo said:

Not a fan of the HTC U11 Plus? I'd say it's one of, if not the best phone of 2017.

4 hours ago, Electronic Nation said:

I am in the market for a phone (my iPhone's battery is swelling), and I looked at the U11+. I have two problems with the phone: no headphone jack and the price will be around $900 (according to the only source I have found). That is significantly more expensive than the 5t.

image.png.7b61e494c2de170555792ce31bf1161f.png

It's quite simple. You can't fool me.
The guy in the back is actually Linus.....
Linus figured out how to time travel.
A couple years and pounds later.

12 hours ago, nicklmg said:

It's not like he's traveling there for a vacation lol. He's either on a plane, working, or sleeping like 3 hours a night :P it's more tiring than you might think.

When on a cruiseship work or no work, you're on vacation! btw where is that video?

11 hours ago, Vandelay said:

I am absolutely fascinated by the guy in the background.

Spoiler

gZUdd9e.gif

YEgmKLC.gif

r48zxkg.png

Truth be told he looks like he was going to whack the camera guy :D Run Pelle Run!

15 hours ago, dizmo said:

Not a fan of the HTC U11 Plus? I'd say it's one of, if not the best phone of 2017.

Not without the headphone jack, and the glass back is too slippery.

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

Ok Linus, I have a list here of stuff to look for on your "full review" of the OnePlus 5T. I have a OnePlus 5 and those things really are driving me nuts, so if you address it on your video, they will have to listen:

1. The camera has a VERY AGGRESSIVE noise reduction filter. Take a picture, preferentially one with some details, like a piece of wood outdoor in good light, then zoom in the picture, like if you want to edit it later, and look at the details. They all look artificial, like lumps of color, blobs, specially shadows, shadows look like there are tinny black worms  around them. I understand they want to address noise, so people stop complaining about the noise camera, but AT LEAST let the users select the noise reduction level they want. Even my Moto X 2nd Gen shoots pictures with more detail, and the Moto X 2nd Gen was known for having a bad camera (in 2014!).
  2. RAW mode on the Camera App produces VERY overexposed pictures. The RAW pictures could be a relief for issue #1 (aggressive noise reduction), BUT they also look terrible, they come out too bright and the only way to see them is using a 3rd party app (like Lightroom CC), which is ridiculous, since the stock camera App shoots them, but the stock gallery doesn't display them. Apparently on a previous version they looked pink, and the corrected it to look less terrible (at least I can't see any noise reduction filters). But still, even if they fix the RAW exposure, I will end up with huge DNG files, when I just want small, nice, easy to open and good quality JPGs.
  3. The Camera App, shooting in Pro Mode won't let you use the Flash or HDR or HQ. This should be self-explanatory and ridiculous for a Pro-Mode Camera.

For a company promoting its product as a high grade camera, they are really lagging behind their marketing promises and I believe you should make it clear for them and specially for future buyers to be aware of it.

PS: I have attached one picture as an example and a copy with highlighted parts for you to zoom in and check it for yourself. The overexposed third picture is a copy of the RAW picture, since the original one is 31MB, but it clearly shows my point.

IMG_20171116_152354.jpg

InkedIMG_20171116_152354_LI.jpg

Screenshot_20171117-184818.jpg

3 hours ago, LucidMew said:

Not without the headphone jack, and the glass back is too slippery.

Ah yeah, if you need the headphone jack it's definitely not a very good choice.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

20 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Wouldn't 40 hours to unlock Darth Vader be something closer to extortion?

In order to unlock the One Plus 5T you have to watch Linus use the One Plus for 40 hours.

I'm actually interested in this phone.. I maybe switching to AT&T at work and instead of playing the game of what's broke on my Verizon Samsung S6 may opt for a new phone. Only thing is having to buy new chargers and cords.