The $500 Flagship Killer - OnePlus 5T HANDS ON

Just now, Thermosman said:

your late... really late

17 minutes late! #firenick

I love that evey youtuber uploads these videos at the exact same time. i literally just watched MKHB and unbox there's video on it. i haven't seen if austin make one yet but since MKHD did he had to.

seriously Linus, you complaining about getting to go to New York several times in a matter of weeks.

Just now, SC2Mitch said:

17 minutes late! #firenick

videos usually come out at about 3:15 eastern standard time, this came at 11:00pm EST just about, so almost 8 hours late

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

4 minutes ago, MetallicArcherfish said:

I love that evey youtuber uploads these videos at the exact same time. i literally just watched MKHB and unbox there's video on it. i haven't seen if austin make one yet but since MKHD did he had to.

its probably because thats when they were allowed to upload it i can never figure out whop to watch and dont want to watch about the same product

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

Why is $500 now a flagship killer?

I bought a brand freaking new Note 2 in 2012 for $700, and that was as flagship as phones got. When did we go from there to $500 being a "flagship killer"?

I'm going to go sit on my porch and tell those damn kids to keep off my lawn.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

Just now, Vernw3 said:

its porbaly because thats when they were allowed to upload it 

i saw many other videos about this phone much earlier today from other techtubers

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

1 minute ago, Thermosman said:

videos usually come out at about 3:15 eastern standard time, this came at 11:00pm EST just about, so almost 8 hours late

not just that, they also went live on Youtube before posting the Thread, also the target time is 3 eastern (NOON PACIFIC, which is where they are) and the forum thread comes earlier then that, sometimes up to an hour earlier

1 hour ago, Vernw3 said:

its probably because thats when they were allowed to upload it i can never figure out whop to watch and dont want to watch about the same product

I like MKHD for phone videos, i feel he's the best at them.

Just now, Daniel644 said:

not just that, they also went live on Youtube before posting the Thread, also the target time is 3 eastern (NOON PACIFIC, which is where they are) and the forum thread comes earlier then that, sometimes up to an hour earlier

this one was basically a simultaneous release between the forum and youtube

1 minute ago, Thermosman said:

this one was basically a simultaneous release between the forum and youtube

but it wasn't, Youtube got it like 16 or 17 minutes early, supposed to be the other way around.

Just now, Daniel644 said:

but it wasn't, Youtube got it like 16 or 17 minutes early

yeah, but usually the forum gets it early, so it was irrelavant

3 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

seriously Linus, you complaining about getting to go to New York several times in a matter of weeks.

It's not like he's traveling there for a vacation lol. He's either on a plane, working, or sleeping like 3 hours a night :P it's more tiring than you might think.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Why is $500 now a flagship killer?

I bought a brand freaking new Note 2 in 2012 for $700, and that was as flagship as phones got. When did we go from there to $500 being a "flagship killer"?

I'm going to go sit on my porch and tell those damn kids to keep off my lawn.

I said pretty much the same thing to Linus when he suggested "flagship killer" in the title... then I realized that it kinda is lol. With most flagships running $700-1000 these days...

3 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

I said pretty much the same thing to Linus when he suggested "flagship killer" in the title... then I realized that it kinda is lol. With most flagships running $700-1000 these days...

F*cking capitalism, how does it work?

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

Still not my ideal phone. Take the HTC M8, add a rear fingerprint reader, add a good camera, and update the internals. Bonus points for waterproofing/18:9/OLED screen.

It has the curved metal back that feels amazing in hand, of the M8, but not much else.

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

Just now, nicklmg said:

Idunno ask EA ;)

Wouldn't 40 hours to unlock Darth Vader be something closer to extortion?

I didn't know that ltt had a scheduled time to upload wow that is suprising

Please don't argue with me, I am just trying to help, or be helped. (we are all humans right?)

43 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

I thought it said that because of contractual obligations :P

35 minutes ago, LucidMew said:

Still not my ideal phone. Take the HTC M8, add a rear fingerprint reader, add a good camera, and update the internals. Bonus points for waterproofing/18:9/OLED screen.

It has the curved metal back that feels amazing in hand, of the M8, but not much else.

Not a fan of the HTC U11 Plus? I'd say it's one of, if not the best phone of 2017.

33 minutes ago, Electronic Nation said:

Where the OnePlus 6?

Not due for another 7 months.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I am absolutely fascinated by the guy in the background.

gZUdd9e.gif

YEgmKLC.gif

r48zxkg.png

Intel i5-4690K (3.5GHz, not OC'd) | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 16GB (8GBx2) Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz | XFX R9 390 8GB | Seagate 600 240GB SSD | WD Blue 1TB + Hitachi 2TB HDDs| EVGA 750W 80+ B2 | CM Hyper 212 Plus | Corsair 300R | Win 7 x64 Pro
UPS: CyberPower CP1000PFCLCD PFC Sinewave 1000VA/600W

Ugh, “flagship killer”

The only thing it kills flagships in is price:performance (and RAM plus UX performance).

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1