What's the Cutting Tool Linus Used?

TKAZU

Hi everyone, so I'm gonna do some mods to my case, but can't find the electric tool that Linus used multiple times to cut the cases. It was like a small rotary tool that has a round blade vertical to the handle on its top. Anyone have a clue what it's called and where I can get it (in canada)? Thank you!

1 minute ago, TKAZU said:

Hi everyone, so I'm gonna do some mods to my case, but can't find the electric tool that Linus used multiple times to cut the cases. It was like a small rotary tool that has a round blade vertical to the handle on its top. Anyone have a clue what it's called and where I can get it (in canada)? Thank you!

You mean angle grinder?

Just note they aren't exactly what would be considered high precision but do cut fast. 

Image result for angle grinder

Are you talking about the angle grinder?

Because if you're talking about the dremel, the blade is perpendicular to the handle, not vertical.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

An angle grinder or a dremel could be used. Either should be for sale at any local hardware store. A dremel is much better suited to smaller projects with more precision and lighter materials. An angle grinder can tackle much thicker sheet metal but will leave much uglier edges and is not a precise tool for delicate work.

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Are you talking about the angle grinder?

Because if you're talking about the dremel, the blade is perpendicular to the handle, not vertical.

Dremel it is! I was considering the blade is a surface so the handle stick to it should be vertical to it, lol. Thank you buddy!

On 11/16/2017 at 7:11 PM, TKAZU said:

Dremel it is! I was considering the blade is a surface so the handle stick to it should be vertical to it, lol. Thank you buddy!

just make sure to get a cutting wheel made for metal. even then, dremels are pretty weak in general.