What fans are suggested to quiet Corsair H100i

I have a 2 year old Corsair H100I AiO and I finally have had enough of the fan noise when they kick up above 50%. What would you suggest for a replacement that would greatly cut down on the noise? The included Corsair fans have always seemed to have either noisy windings , or a noisy bearing set up. It's never been the air flow that was noisy, but the motor itself. I was thinking about looking for some sort of fan that uses a magnetic floating bearing, but I wanted to check here first and see what other people would suggest. 

I think corsair has maglev fans, expensive but afaik great.

Or noctua, can't go wrong with them, but again, expensive.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Ml120 are nice, though the nocturnal chromax line are also looking really tempting, as are vardar/gentle typhoons.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Ek vardars or noiseblocker eloops are high performance and quiet,

if you dont need the extra cooling you could just adjust the fan curve of your H100I though.

BTW Noctua is also about to release a new A series fan that looks promising.

ML120's are maglev, but they require exactly 12v power and PWM operation otherwise they rattle. not a problem if you're using motherboard headers, but if you're using a fan hub, especially a cheap or case integrated fan hub, they're unlikely to be designed that stringently so you will incur rattling if you use those mediums.

Beyond that, BeQuiet! Silent Wings 3 are great, EK Vardars are great, Noctua fans are great, If you have the space, you could also continue to use your current fans and buy some extra/cheap fans and do a push/pull setup.

I ended up buying the ML120's. Should be here in time to get them installed over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. I am looking forward to having a quiet cooling solution.

17 hours ago, fordsrmaster said:

I am looking forward to having a quiet cooling solution.

I also use the MagLev fans.

My advice to you is to control their speed and turn them down whenever temperature allows.

Whether you use Corsair LINK, SpeedFan, or fan curves from your motherboard's UEFI interface, turn down the speed.

The MagLev fans can get loud when running at full speed just light any fan.

But like other fans, they don't need to run at full speed to cool adequately under most conditions.

So update your fan curves until you have a balance between noise and cooling that you're comfortable with.

---