Help with RAID

Hi, I got a motherboard P8Z77-m and i just found out that it supports RAID with INTEL rapid storage technology, and i wanted to know if it is a good solution, ATM i got a 3 tb HDD and a brand new samsung 850 EVO 250GB, I use my computer for programming purposes and some light Gaming, what would be my best option to get great performance and for storage integrity? should i buy another HDD or SSD?

Is it difficult to set up? i have no problem into clean installing windows, i need to do that anyways.

Thanks,

17 minutes ago, pato.llaguno said:

Hi, I got a motherboard P8Z77-m and i just found out that it supports RAID with INTEL rapid storage technology, and i wanted to know if it is a good solution, ATM i got a 3 tb HDD and a brand new samsung 850 EVO 250GB, I use my computer for programming purposes and some light Gaming, what would be my best option to get great performance and for storage integrity? should i buy another HDD or SSD?

Is it difficult to set up? i have no problem into clean installing windows, i need to do that anyways.

Thanks,

I'd get a few HDD's that are reliable and RAID the hell out of them 

RAID 1 + 0 is good if you have 4 HDD's or more. 

19 minutes ago, pato.llaguno said:

Thanks,

even then raid 1 + 0 is good with SSD's. depends on your budget. 

the Board has 2 6gbs SATA and 2 3gbs SATA can i still connect a 4 disk raid configuration?

RAID won't do much for you. RAID is not a back-up. You're better off keeping a back-up schedule using an external disk. You won't have any benefit from doing RAID with your workload.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro