Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordPugIII

Corsair 460x and H80i V2

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi guys,

 

I'm thinking of getting a 460x RGB case and I've currently got a H80i V2 cooler. 

 

I'm wondering if anyone has the same set up and can show me a picture of what it looks like so I can grasp an idea of what it will look like.

 

Ideally I'd like the cooler mounted at the rear, but if no one has that config, anywhere will do.

 

460x RGB and a H80i V2

 

Thank you :)


Processor: i5-4690k @ 3.5GHz. Mobo: MSI Z97 Krait Edition. RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB @ 1866MHz Dual - Channel. Storage: WD 1TB HDD. 850 EVO 250GB. Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB. GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DirectCU II 4GB GDDR5. PSU: EVGA Supernova 550 G2. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M. Monitor: BENQ GW2270H Full HD 21.5". OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/rhnhRB

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LordPugIII said:

Hi guys,

 

I'm thinking of getting a 460x RGB case and I've currently got a H80i V2 cooler. 

 

I'm wondering if anyone has the same set up and can show me a picture of what it looks like so I can grasp an idea of what it will look like.

 

Ideally I'd like the cooler mounted at the rear, but if no one has that config, anywhere will do.

 

460x RGB and a H80i V2

 

Thank you :)

Why not a 240mm AIO? Are you overclocking?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

Why not a 240mm AIO? Are you overclocking?

Well, not really. I could get a 100i gtx from scan for £84 and just sell the H80i v2


Processor: i5-4690k @ 3.5GHz. Mobo: MSI Z97 Krait Edition. RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB @ 1866MHz Dual - Channel. Storage: WD 1TB HDD. 850 EVO 250GB. Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB. GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DirectCU II 4GB GDDR5. PSU: EVGA Supernova 550 G2. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M. Monitor: BENQ GW2270H Full HD 21.5". OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/rhnhRB

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, ImNotThere said:

go for a lower tier case, youll be able ti get better hardware

I haven't got a budget per say, so I can just upgrade my other hardware 


Processor: i5-4690k @ 3.5GHz. Mobo: MSI Z97 Krait Edition. RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB @ 1866MHz Dual - Channel. Storage: WD 1TB HDD. 850 EVO 250GB. Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB. GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DirectCU II 4GB GDDR5. PSU: EVGA Supernova 550 G2. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M. Monitor: BENQ GW2270H Full HD 21.5". OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/rhnhRB

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LordPugIII said:

I haven't got a budget per say, so I can just upgrade my other hardware 

up to you then dude, that case has an exhaust fan spot if thats what youre asking

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, ImNotThere said:

up to you then dude, that case has an exhaust fan spot if thats what youre asking

No no, I'm asking for a picture of that case with the H80i V2 in to see if it looks decent or whether I should upgrade to a 240mm aio e.g. corsair h100i gtx


Processor: i5-4690k @ 3.5GHz. Mobo: MSI Z97 Krait Edition. RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB @ 1866MHz Dual - Channel. Storage: WD 1TB HDD. 850 EVO 250GB. Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB. GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DirectCU II 4GB GDDR5. PSU: EVGA Supernova 550 G2. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M. Monitor: BENQ GW2270H Full HD 21.5". OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/rhnhRB

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LordPugIII said:

No no, I'm asking for a picture of that case with the H80i V2 in to see if it looks decent or whether I should upgrade to a 240mm aio e.g. corsair h100i gtx

theres probably someone somewhere whos done it but its quite a high end case and intended for air cooling so not many will use an aio let alone a 120mm

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, ImNotThere said:

theres probably someone somewhere whos done it but its quite a high end case and intended for air cooling so not many will use an aio let alone a 120mm

Of course I appreciate that, but it's a temporary measure until I'm confident enough to do a custom WC loop. 


Processor: i5-4690k @ 3.5GHz. Mobo: MSI Z97 Krait Edition. RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB @ 1866MHz Dual - Channel. Storage: WD 1TB HDD. 850 EVO 250GB. Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB. GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DirectCU II 4GB GDDR5. PSU: EVGA Supernova 550 G2. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M. Monitor: BENQ GW2270H Full HD 21.5". OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/rhnhRB

Link to post
Share on other sites

Official LTT Folding Event Starts Oct 12th-Nov 22nd! Donate to Science, Enter to Win Prizes!

Sign Up | Folding Thread | FAQ | Install Guide

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LordPugIII said:

Well, not really. I could get a 100i gtx from scan for £84 and just sell the H80i v2

If you aren't overclocking, then you don't need an AIO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×