Uc browser removed from Google play store

http://m.businesstoday.in/story/uc-browser-delisted-play-store-alibaba/1/264079.html

UC Browser has been taken off from Google's Play Store which had over 500 million downloads. The company hasn't come out with an official explaination so far but the browser has been in the news for all the wrong reasons.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.livemint.com/Technology/lUQ1mX2S7hpWMsAT8JebMJ/UC-Browser-removed-from-Google-Play-Store.html%3Ffacet%3Damp%26utm_source%3Dgoogleamp%26utm_medium%3Dreferral%26utm_campaign%3Dgoogleamp&ved=0ahUKEwja1ZPzj8PXAhVGGZQKHeipBnUQiJQBCCUwAA&usg=AOvVaw3ZPe-y1qsIonV_2-XeRzkK&ampcf=1

Mike Ross, who claimed to work at UC Browser, tweeted: “I work for UC Browser, I got mail today morning it said that UC Browser was temporarily removed from play store for 30 days because it used “Misleading” and “Unhealthy” methods of promotion to increase installs.”

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.androidauthority.com/uc-browser-removed-download-google-play-store-814694/amp/&ved=0ahUKEwja1ZPzj8PXAhVGGZQKHeipBnUQFghQMA0&usg=AOvVaw01hsiGtV_-PGZAwTw5IRo8&ampcf=1

So uc browser is now removed from play store because of stealing personal information from people of India and Canada. 

you need to add a quote

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, hey_yo_ said:

I searched on forum but didn't find anything about this, if someone posted this I will report this myself 

2 minutes ago, LLEBTNCJD_its_something said:

I searched on forum but didn't find anything about this, if someone posted this I will report this myself 

It’s actually pinned as the first thread in Tech News and Reviews section. You don’t have to report it, all you need is to change it. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

6 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

It’s actually pinned as the first thread in Tech News and Reviews section. You don’t have to report it, all you need is to change it. 

Oh I thought you were saying this topic is posted before, sorry. 

3 hours ago, LLEBTNCJD_its_something said:

100 million people in India alone 

I meant from this forum. What were the strengths of that browser anyways?

20 hours ago, Matu20 said:

I meant from this forum. What were the strengths of that browser anyways?

Really good at downloading, even download streaming videos, even if phone shut down it can still continue downloading and managing downloads is real good. 

Took them this long? 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

On 16. 11. 2017 at 4:26 PM, Matu20 said:

Did anyone here actually use that browser?

I did... when I had WIndows Phone, because it was better than Explorer/Edge in many ways but mainly because it did not drained my battery in a few hours.

So does anyone know if it was actually stealing information? 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

10 hours ago, LLEBTNCJD_its_something said:

Yes it was so obvious 

Yet they installed and used it anyway?

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

On 19/11/2017 at 9:50 PM, Kierax said:

Yet they installed and used it anyway?

UC browser did marketing extremely well and not all people are tech enthusiasts, and when I say it was obvious this was related to people who at least know what something in Tech. 

UC Browser pushed there app so hard that everyone eventually installed it.