Phanteks Enthoo Pro M RGB Issues.

Righca

I just received a brand new Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Special Edition. A successful build, but I am having trouble with the 2 RGB fans at the front. They are not syncing properly with the motherboard RGB LEDs. If I set the motherboard to red, the fans go blue, if I have it set to another colour it'll always change to a different colour that is NOT the one I set through MSI Gaming APP. 

(Sorry if I forgot anything I created an account just for this lmao)

Specs:

MSI GTX 1080Ti X 11gb

I7-7700k (factory clock)

16GB of Corsair Vengence memory

MSI Z270 Gaming M5 mobo

700 Watt Coolermaster Lite PSU

Maybe you plugged in the rgb header the wrong way? (if you can do that?)

Just now, Vx0x said:

Maybe you plugged in the rgb header the wrong way? (if you can do that?)

I had thought that too, flipped it upside down and it just straight up doesn't light up when its upside down.

1 minute ago, Righca said:

I had thought that too, flipped it upside down and it just straight up doesn't light up when its upside down.

Does it work if you plug it into the case and use the built in rgb button?

3 minutes ago, Vx0x said:

What do you mean plug it into the case? Is there a way to light up the front RGB's without plugging the RGB header into my motherboard?

Just now, Righca said:

What do you mean plug it into the case? Is there a way to light up the front RGB's without plugging the RGB header into my motherboard?

Yes isnt there an rgb button on the side somewhere?

4 minutes ago, Vx0x said:

The only thing the RGB button does it change the colour of the on button.

Just now, Righca said:

The only thing the RGB button does it change the colour of the on button.

I think you're supposed to be able to plug in rgb "things" somewhere to it

Welp. I found it. i plugged the fans into the case itself now I can change the colour with the button!

It's stuck on breathing now though. Why can't anything be easy

Just now, Righca said:

It's stuck on breathing now though. Why can't anything be easy

... Nevermind I fixed that too. Thank you for your help <33

23 hours ago, Righca said:

... Nevermind I fixed that too. Thank you for your help <33

No problemo :)

AH! Another customer of that case. At least your RGB controller works, mine doesn't do anything when I press the button. It lights up on startup, but goes black shortly after that and no RGB-button-mashing will change it. Bummer. They light up when I connect them to the mainboard, but that needed another cable and works really weird with MSI Mystic Light (on a B350M Gaming Pro / MS-7A39) and dynamic lighting effects, because the fan lights are buzzing loudly when they change color. Only fixed LED colors work silently. -_-

And I cannot get to the LED controller, because its behind the top 5,25" slot that CANNOT be removed because these dorks put the last screw holding it BEHIND a sheet of riveted metal, so I would have to drill through that to access the last screw. >:(

Keeping the case anyway because it just looks gorgeous and has way better airflow than my last one.

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X | MoBo MSI B550 Gaming Plus | RAM 32GB Teamgroup @3600/18 | GPU EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW | Case Enthoo Pro M SE
PSU bq! Straight Power 11 Plat. 750W CM | Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 & 5x Corsair ML140 | Sound SB Z Retail | Storage Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Iiyama GB3461WQSU, Dell 24", LG 34UM95 | Keyboard Kinesis Freestyle Edge | Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | OS Windows 11

3 hours ago, Questargon said:

AH! Another customer of that case. At least your RGB controller works, mine doesn't do anything when I press the button. It lights up on startup, but goes black shortly after that and no RGB-button-mashing will change it. Bummer. They light up when I connect them to the mainboard, but that needed another cable and works really weird with MSI Mystic Light (on a B350M Gaming Pro / MS-7A39) and dynamic lighting effects, because the fan lights are buzzing loudly when they change color. Only fixed LED colors work silently. -_-

And I cannot get to the LED controller, because its behind the top 5,25" slot that CANNOT be removed because these dorks put the last screw holding it BEHIND a sheet of riveted metal, so I would have to drill through that to access the last screw. >:(

Keeping the case anyway because it just looks gorgeous and has way better airflow than my last one.

Rma? 

52 minutes ago, Vx0x said:

Rma? 

Thought about it, but since the rest of the case is very functional and the issues I have with it, although annoying, are minor, unimportant or can be worked around if needed, I'm still keeping it as is.

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X | MoBo MSI B550 Gaming Plus | RAM 32GB Teamgroup @3600/18 | GPU EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW | Case Enthoo Pro M SE
PSU bq! Straight Power 11 Plat. 750W CM | Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 & 5x Corsair ML140 | Sound SB Z Retail | Storage Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Iiyama GB3461WQSU, Dell 24", LG 34UM95 | Keyboard Kinesis Freestyle Edge | Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | OS Windows 11

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I added an RGB Controller to my build ("Paulmann 702.02" in Germany, I guess the "SUPERNIGHT (TM) IR Remote Controller 44 Keys" available in the US is similar) and rigged a 12V connection to my power supply. Now I have even more effects and am independent of my mainboard. And because dimming of LEDs is realized via PWM, dimming them provides a nice interference pattern on my front fans.

blue.jpg.609caa0e4bbf9a8b5088a5e156a95191.jpg

• 6 months later...
On 11/16/2017 at 2:07 PM, Vx0x said:

If i want plug on case where should i plug it, coz halos has 3 pin connector and on phanteks is 4 pin connector...

Can you help me, please??

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2018 at 12:19 PM, Hterisno said:

If i want plug on case where should i plug it, coz halos has 3 pin connector and on phanteks is 4 pin connector...

Can you help me, please??

idk.