Disk Cloning?

Go to solution Solved by Snipergod87,

If your cloning software only gives you a 1TB partition (from the cloned data) you can expand it to the full 3TB in the Windows Disk Management utility, but most cloning software will see the size difference and let you utilize the full space with the click of a button.

Hey everyone!

So I've got a 1TB WD Green HDD that's in the process of dying and I'd like to back it up/place it onto another hard drive. The problem is that the hard drive is 3TB. 

If I cloned a disk would it create a separate 1TB partition on the 3TB,

or would it leave it so ~1TB of space is occupied, but all on the same partition?

The reason I want to clone is because I've got all my programs, paths, etc all setup perfectly because otherwise I'd have to spend tons of time getting it to the same spot again.

Thanks! :D

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

If your cloning software only gives you a 1TB partition (from the cloned data) you can expand it to the full 3TB in the Windows Disk Management utility, but most cloning software will see the size difference and let you utilize the full space with the click of a button.