Htc Vive sale

Gruenbaum

A Cornucopia of VIVE Black Friday Deals

News article: 

https://blog.vive.com/us/2017/11/15/cornucopia-vive-black-friday-deals/

Vive headset and all the necessary hardware and software to set up room-scale VR as well as a Deluxe Audio Strap ($99.99 value), a copy of Google Tilt Brush, a free trial to Viveport Subscription, and a redemption code for Fallout 4 VR ($59.99 value) $599 USD

Where to buy: 

https://www.vive.com/us/product/vive-virtual-reality-system/

32 minutes ago, Gruenbaum said:

A Cornucopia of VIVE Black Friday Deals

News article: 

https://blog.vive.com/us/2017/11/15/cornucopia-vive-black-friday-deals/

Vive headset and all the necessary hardware and software to set up room-scale VR as well as a Deluxe Audio Strap ($99.99 value), a copy of Google Tilt Brush, a free trial to Viveport Subscription, and a redemption code for Fallout 4 VR ($59.99 value) $599 USD

Where to buy: 

https://www.vive.com/us/product/vive-virtual-reality-system/

Oculus at $400 was a better deal. Luke from ltt thought the oculus beat the vive anyway.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried   

4 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

Luke from ltt thought the oculus beat the vive anyway.

From what I recall was stated early on, the Rift was rated as more comfortable, and the touch controllers were more intuitive than the Vive ones, but Vive had the better room scale experience. I don't know if that has changed, especially the new strap should help with the comfort.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

32 minutes ago, porina said:

From what I recall was stated early on, the Rift was rated as more comfortable, and the touch controllers were more intuitive than the Vive ones, but Vive had the better room scale experience. I don't know if that has changed, especially the new strap should help with the comfort.

The vibe has better room scale with two sensors. If you get a third for the oculus, it is a lot better. The price difference of $200 is not worth it. I was able to get flagship games like robo recall and dead and buried for free.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

I think best buy is selling rift bundles for 350 in their BF add -- but as stated in other comments, at $599, at least IMO is a meh price.

id honestly wait for the next gen VR headsets, when they can up the resolution, VR is fun but its only fun if you dont use it alot, the initial experience is wow this is amazing, then after using it a few days or weeks it gets kind of meh when you get used to the VR space, but of you have it on a party situation then its really fun.

On 11/15/2017 at 12:48 PM, AMDPRO said:

The vibe has better room scale with two sensors. If you get a third for the oculus, it is a lot better.

the vive is still better with room scale when the rift has 3 sensors, its when you get a fourth they balance out.

Also the vive has more 3rd party accesories and the controllers charge over usb. You don't have to use AA batteries

15 hours ago, Colin Donoghue said:

the vive is still better with room scale when the rift has 3 sensors, its when you get a fourth they balance out.

Also the vive has more 3rd party accesories and the controllers charge over usb. You don't have to use AA batteries

I prefer batteries but its really up to preference and price

Lenovo Explorer is a better option IMO. Gonna be 300. Room tracking prob isnt as godd, but thats about all the worse things.

2 hours ago, AMDPRO said:

I prefer batteries but its really up to preference and price

It might be nice to be able to continue playing and only switch the batteries out

1 hour ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Lenovo Explorer is a better option IMO. Gonna be 300. Room tracking prob isnt as godd, but thats about all the worse things.

Does it even come with controllers. I thought all of the mixed reality headsets came with controllers.

42 minutes ago, Colin Donoghue said:

Does it even come with controllers. I thought all of the mixed reality headsets came with controllers.

Yea. It's 400 with controllers but for Black Friday it'll be 3