Awkward texing

Pythons

Hey kiddies and others,

So I was texting one of my friends the standard 'Hey' and she replies w/ 'Hi'
Bit of an awkward situation, because I was just acting out of politeness, and now, I just look like an asshole for leaving the conversation dead

I've asked 'how's it going?' WAY too many times, so that (and similar conversation starters) are probably off the board now.

Any conversation topics??

Cheers!  :)

How much are you into memes? If you were to see my conversations with my friends believe me its a meme fest and keeps the conversation going

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

1 minute ago, silentprototipe said:

How much are you into memes? If you were to see my conversations with my friends believe me its a meme fest and keeps the conversation going

Uhm... I'm into memes, but I don't think that she is, nor do I think that it's the right situation :(
But thanks for the idea! ^_^

Just now, Pythons said:

Uhm... I'm into memes, but I don't think that she is, nor do I think that it's the right situation :(
But thanks for the idea! ^_^

Hmm, crap. How come? I mean I have a bunch of female friends and I still use the meme greeting

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

Just now, silentprototipe said:

Hmm, crap. How come? I mean I have a bunch of female friends and I still use the meme greeting

'Cause the chat is dead, and it's really awkward :/

1 minute ago, Pythons said:

'Cause the chat is dead, and it's really awkward :/

Ohh, well anything on your mind that could be of intrest to both of you?

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

8 minutes ago, silentprototipe said:

Ohh, well anything on your mind that could be of intrest to both of you?

Yeah, there was this event that we are going to, and I'm probs going to be early for it
But. I dunno how to ask if its okay that i'm early without looking like i'm stupid or really irritating.

Thanks for the help :)

how can "talking" via text messages be awkward? Jesus pull out the man card and send your "friend" "she" "he" or whatever something funny, or continue conversation. Generally conversations are only irritating if you ask the same thing 50 times, and if someone doesnt have time to respond they generally skip or do not reply to the messages until they have time. If your that scared to initiate conversation with that person, you have to ask yourself why, and is it worth it to try to have that conversation with them.

you can always start with "hey sorry i didnt reply last time, got sidetracked and totally forgot" and then say "hey X and X event might be abit early just checking to make sure thats alright" 

Reading stuff like this is the one downside to tech today, makes everything "distant", wheres the meetup in person, the phone calls, knock on the door, etc. virtually non-existent we would all rather hide behind "text"

In my experiences its always better to be direct than to tippy-toe around, those that follow will be there, those that get annoyed or upset, need not be around.

If you really don't have anything to say, then don't say anything. Just let the conversation die, it's not the same thing as a face to face conversation.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

When in doubt, quote Steel Panther lyrics at them.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

7 hours ago, Pythons said:

Don't cultivate friends or at least don't cultivate shallow ones... Then the problem goes away.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Basically I just say hi, send a few memes, then gossip and talk about really dirty and messed up stuff.

Um, don’t text the person as much!? Honestly if you’ve had that many conversations that you no longer have anything to talk about then just do something else. 

That's an F in the profile pic

9 hours ago, Pythons said:

Hey kiddies and others,

So I was texting one of my friends the standard 'Hey' and she replies w/ 'Hi'
Bit of an awkward situation, because I was just acting out of politeness, and now, I just look like an asshole for leaving the conversation dead

I've asked 'how's it going?' WAY too many times, so that (and similar conversation starters) are probably off the board now.

Cheers!  :)

Is this a friend, or is this a girl you "like".

Because if its your friend, this shouldn't be hard. If the chat is dead, that means there's nothing to talk about, and that's okay.

If you're trying to force conversation for sake of it, just stop. Otherwise, ask her what she's doing, or something like that.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

My strategy: Ask about the person, what they like and such, there are tons of questions you can make up or find on the internet or whatever. If they still just flatly answer in a couple words most of the time, then don't start any new conversations with them. If they roll with them and ask them back at you and stuff then you've made a friend.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

dont try to talk to them unless you have something to say. otherwise the conversation will always go like this

Hi

Hey

how's it going?

good, you?

good

and that's where it ends. figure out what you want to talk about and lead off with that. what does she like to do? hobbies? is she an actual friend or a crush you've barely spoken to?

There's nothing more annoying than getting a "hi/hey/hello" and nothing else

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒