Can't Instal Ubuntu. ERROR: bert:can't request iomem region

Hi.

I am new to Ubuntu. I had previous installed Ubuntu and Window together and was using them for a while. Now that I decided to reset my machine and installed Windows 10 successfully. But when I try to install Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS through USB stick, I am getting this ERROR: bert:can't request iomem region  with weird graphics issue. Not sure why this is happening. Early when I installed I didn't face this issue. 

Also, few threads suggested me to disable secure boot in my bios. But I don't have that option in bios window. So that doesn't help. (motherboard detail: ASRock Motherboard ATX DDR3 1066 Intel LGA 2011 EP2C602-4L/D16)

Can someone please help me with this problem.

Thanks

Are you using a GPU? Which one? Are you booting in UEFI or BIOS mode? Most dual socket/server mother boards like your have the option to boot a USB stick in BIOS or UEFI mode. So you have to make sure that you booted into the install media in the correct mode as you hope to boot the system in.

EDIT: You might also look into disabling "Quick Boot" on the Windows 10 system. I'm seeing this error pop up in non-Ubuntu forums, so it's more likely a Kernel error. 

This Arch thread also suggests added "bert_disable" to the Kernel startup https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=218821

EDIT 2: What are your reasons for booting two OSes on such a specialized hardware config? I would honestly say it might be easier to just install one OS or the other and then run the other in a VM. You most likely have more than enough cores to sacrifice to the other if you have 2 CPUs.

If you're using an Nvidia Pascal GPU, 16.04 won't work properly unless you boot into safe mode/fallback/whatever. The nouveau driver included lacks support.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro