Firefox 57 (aka Quantum) out now. Huge performance improvements.

pyrojoe34
4 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I could go through this point by point picking it apart but I don't think that would bring this any closer to conclusion, so I'll try something else.

It's clear you have no intention of providing feedback on the actual issue and instead are intently focused on making sure people don't watch streamed video at resolutions higher than you deem necessary.  I'm not sure why you care so much and frankly I don't care.  I have nothing more of value to add to this, and since it's obvious you don't either, I think we're done here.

What is his deal? Even if he can’t see the difference, why does it matter so much to him? For the rest of us the difference is night and day. I can instantly tell the difference between 1080p and 4k YouTube no matter what resolution the monitor is. The bitrate difference is massive and the artifacting at 1080p is relatively massive. But at this point that’s not what this is even about anymore he’s adamant to the point of bigotry... it’s almost funny to watch the conversation from the outside. Oh well, he’s convinced himself that we’re all delusional and he’s the only one who can see through it. Que sera, sera.

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

On 12/3/2017 at 1:42 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

I could go through this point by point picking it apart but I don't think that would bring this any closer to conclusion, so I'll try something else.

It's clear you have no intention of providing feedback on the actual issue and instead are intently focused on making sure people don't watch streamed video at resolutions higher than you deem necessary.  I'm not sure why you care so much and frankly I don't care.  I have nothing more of value to add to this, and since it's obvious you don't either, I think we're done here.

Why did you edit your post?

Why do you claim "not to care" and then prove the exact opposite by continuing to partake in this argument?

I'm still waiting for:

-Another example in actual video format

-Your OD certificate proving that you have an accreditation to place judgments on the eye sight of others

Just to clarify, I work as a commercial driver. This means I hold a class 1 license. In order to obtain said license I have to, by law, be tested and pass a vision test on a regular basis by a certified optometrist. Clearly you have no idea what the hell you are talking about in this regard.

So are you going to continue to dodge or provide evidence of your claim that can be validated in a real world scenario?

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.

2 minutes ago, Hellion said:

Why did you edit your post?

Why do you claim "not to care" and then prove the exact opposite by continuing to partake in this argument?

I'm still waiting for:

-Another example in actual video format

-Your OD certificate proving that you have an accreditation to place judgments on the eye sight of others

Just to clarify, I work as a commercial driver. This means I hold a class 1 license. In order to obtain said license I have to, by law, be tested and pass a vision test on a regular basis by a certified optometrist. Clearly you have no idea what the hell you are talking about in this regard.

So are you going to continue to dodge or provide evidence of your claim that can be validated in a real world scenario?

I have provided evidence.  You can go look up the videos I took those samples from or any other one for that matter.  I am not continuing this any further.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 12/3/2017 at 4:42 PM, dalekphalm said:

I can only conclude that you simply have bad eye sight, and cannot perceive the differences very well.

Because that's the only explanation that makes sense. The difference in all of the screenshots are obvious.

It would be like me showing you a picture of a waterfall, and you saying "Yeah but we don't see it MOTION, therefore that's not proof that water falls with gravity, and I'm not convinced".

Like, sure, yes, a screenshot will look different when watching in actual motion. DIFFERENT, though. Not gone, or unnoticeable.

I can easily and clearly notice the difference between 1080p and 4K, without having to pause and scrutinize the video.

If you can't? Sure that's fine. Don't upscale, just watch at 1080p. But you dismissing empirical evidence and telling other people they're wrong or delusional is quite laughable, at best. If you want to save your bandwidth, cool. But don't tell others to do the same simply because you refuse to accept the evidence that multiple people have posted.

Looks like the cavalry has arrived...

See my previous post to vickers about my eye sight. I'm willing to bet it's better then yours.

I never denied a difference can be determined in unconventional lab type environments. I'm talking while the video is playing. I also never said there isn't a different between 1080p and 4k. I said there isn't a noticeable difference when  4k is downscaled to 1080p on a 1080p monitor while he claims it's "significant".

Might want to read and understand what the argument is fully about before joining the peanut gallery.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I have provided evidence.  You can go look up the videos I took those samples from or any other one for that matter.  I am not continuing this any further.

That's what I thought. Big dodge.

Ghh, I though the 4k YouTube war ended Sunday :S

3 minutes ago, Hellion said:

That's what I thought. Big dodge.

What would it take for someone to actually prove it to you?  If we provide clear analytical evidence, you dismiss it as "too technical" or "not realistic".  If we tell you to just watch samples, you say you can't see it.  Obviously you have your mind made up already so there's no point in wasting any more time on this.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I did give FF-Q a go, however noticed it was using over 80% GPU load in task manager when watching YouTube! this was with about 40% CPU, however this was before my SSD corrupted so may give it another run.  For now I'm back on Chrome. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

1 minute ago, Kierax said:

I did give FF-Q a go, however noticed it was using over 80% GPU load in task manager when watching YouTube! this was with about 40% CPU, however this was before my SSD corrupted so may give it another run.  For now I'm back on Chrome. 

Did you see if the VP9 codex was being used through Stats for Nerds? It seems like AMD GPUs don't support VP9 well or at all.

Just now, tjcater said:

Did you see if the VP9 codex was being used through Stats for Nerds? It seems like AMD GPUs don't support VP9 well or at all.

Sorry no I did not, will give it a look though when I've time to give FF another run.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

What would it take for someone to actually prove it to you?  If we provide clear analytical evidence, you dismiss it as "too technical" or "not realistic".  If we tell you to just watch samples, you say you can't see it.  Obviously you have your mind made up already so there's no point in wasting any more time on this.

Just let it go. He has no intention of ever admitting that the difference exists even if he cannot see it. For the rest of us the difference is huge and we choose the setting that works best for us. He can use whatever works best for him. There's a reason I upscale of my YT-bound videos to 4k, for the extra bitrate and decreased artifacting (especially true on my videos which are skiing/mountain biking and the rapid motion leads to terrible artifacts). Almost any other video editor (and likely the majority of consumers) will benefit from the decreased compression of using the 4k setting.

At a certain point continuing to argue starts to reflect poorly on both parties, just let it go.

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

1 minute ago, Kierax said:

Sorry no I did not, will give it a look though when I've time to give FF another run.

I would imagine that Firefox is trying to offload the VP9 decoding to the GPU while Chrome recognizes the issue and does something different for AMD GPUs. Just a hypothesis with no data though :P

Just now, tjcater said:

I would imagine that Firefox is trying to offload the VP9 decoding to the GPU while Chrome recognizes the issue and does something different for AMD GPUs. Just a hypothesis with no data though :P

Nice to have a plausible theory rather than confusion and year old threads found on Google though! thanks. 

21 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

A streaming video that shows a "significant" difference.

I've made that clear from the beginning.

Someone want to call mr. Perfect Eyesight out on the fact that minimum eye sight requirements for a class 1 is worse than 20/20 or 6/6. Anything under 20/100 is acceptable.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Someone want to call mr. Perfect Eyesight out on the fact that minimum eye sight requirements for a class 1 is worse than 20/20 or 6/6. Anything under 20/100 is acceptable.

Dang those are some low requirements, from what I read, some states require you to have 20/40 vision for a regular unrestricted license. Most doctors have given me a rating of around 20/18 (Though I think they need to have a more thorough testing since some places have rated my vision as 20/16, however minor a difference it may be :S)

6 minutes ago, tjcater said:

Dang those are some low requirements, from what I read, some states require you to have 20/40 vision for a regular unrestricted license. Most doctors have given me a rating of around 20/18 (Though I think they need to have a more thorough testing since some places have rated my vision as 20/16, however minor a difference it may be :S)

Corrective lenses are a thing.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

7 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Corrective lenses are a thing.

Isn't 20/20 and below considered a good thing and no need for corrective lenses at those ratings?

1 minute ago, tjcater said:

Isn't 20/20 and below considered a good thing and no need for corrective lenses for those ratings?

20/20 is considered "normal".

It means the average person can read a predetermined sign at 20 feet away, and you match it.

When someone has better sight, the second number becomes smaller.

Eg: 20/10 means that you can read something 20 feet away that a typical person would need to be 10 feet away from to read.

If you have worse vision, the second number is larger. Eg:

20/40 means that you can read something 20 feet away that a typical person could make out 40 feet away.

Any number over 20/20 is considered impaired to some degree, but the point at which someone gets corrective lenses will vary.

So having a requirement of 20/100 is a very wide range for vision. People who need glasses to read or drive could easily fall within 20/200. But as long as you wear your glasses when you need to, it's not really an issue.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

So having a requirement of 20/100 is a very wide range for vision. People who need glasses to read or drive could easily fall within 20/200. But as long as you wear your glasses when you need to, it's not really an issue.

Ah, I misinterpreted what he/she said as meaning corrective lenses for 20/18(16?) vision.

I'm not really following so sorry if this is off topic. I'm using Nightly (so V59) and I can stream Youtube and Netflix in 4k just fine with little CPU usage.

I'm not sure how a thread of a web browser got to a debate about a forklift licence haha.

Just now, tjcater said:

Ah, I misinterpreted what he/she said as meaning corrective lenses for 20/18(16?) vision.

If you have 20/18, you don't need corrective lenses. In fact, when your eyesight is that good, typically corrective lenses won't even work, or will give negligible gains.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

20 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Yeah, let's over exaggerate and put words in my mouth. I never stated anything relating to "perfect".

The point I'm making is that when tested by an actual qualified optometrist, my vision is above average. So vickers and co's claims are both ignorant and unfounded. For reference, the average unaided vision in Canada is below 20/20.

But rather then admitting the difference is so minimal it's not discernable in a real world environment they continue to argue that it's "significant" and make excuses that my vision is bad.

11 minutes ago, tjcater said:

Isn't 20/20 and below considered a good thing and no need for corrective lenses at those ratings?

You focused on the wrong part. The US requirements are after corrective lenses. I don't know if it is like that in other countries.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

5 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

forklift licence

Clearly reading isn't your strong point.

A class 1 is the top license available here and the operator is held to much higher standards in every aspect.

A forklift ticket is not at all related and issued by a third party.