Cheap, reliable hosting in canada?

fletch to 99

Hey Everyone!

I was looking for some cheap reliable hosting in canada that I can host some school projects on. Currently I use http://www.x10hosting.com for free hosting but I don't want to move to their premium service for 6.95/month. I'm just looking for something small.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

http://www.dreamhost.com/

They have a promo going on for web hosting + domain for $1.60 a month (first year), then hosting goes it $9 a month (domain's are free w/ hosting).

I'm currently using them to host my site, and it works quite well for me!

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

What ever you do, DON'T USE GODADDY

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I dont plan to, I got my domain from 1&1 for $1.00 :)

http://www.dreamhost.com/

They have a promo going on for web hosting + domain for $1.60 a month (first year), then hosting goes it $9 a month (domain's are free w/ hosting).

I'm currently using them to host my site, and it works quite well for me!

I've already got a domain name and I'm looking for something super cheap that allows for unlimited subdomains. I've run into the issue with my free host that I can only make 2 subdomains.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

I dont plan to, I got my domain from 1&1 for $1.00 :)

I've already got a domain name and I'm looking for something super cheap that allows for unlimited subdomains. I've run into the issue with my free host that I can only make 2 subdomains.

You can still get dreamhost hosting, you get unlimited subdomains. You could always transfer your domain to them.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Why do you say that?

I've used GoDaddy for years and find their prices and the hosting service pretty good. And they often have really good sales going on.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Why do you say that?

I've used GoDaddy for years and find their prices and the hosting service pretty good. And they often have really good sales going on.

You most likely don't need/use the basic features that other hosting services have.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

You can still get dreamhost hosting, you get unlimited subdomains. You could always transfer your domain to them.

I'm looking for something cheap though because I don't have very much money :(

~Fletch

I'm looking for something cheap though because I don't have very much money :(

$1.60 a month is probably the cheapest you'll find....

15" MBP TB

$1.60 a month is probably the cheapest you'll find....

O.o I saw 8.95/month there, how can I get the $1.60 version?

~Fletch

O.o I saw 8.95/month there, how can I get the $1.60 version?

Found it but they don't accept paypal :(

~Fletch

Found it but they don't accept paypal :(

They accept visa debit, and Google Wallet! :) 

15" MBP TB

They accept visa debit, and Google Wallet! :)

I can only use paypal because it it linked up to my bank account :(

I don't have a visa cause I'm not old enough and I never got google wallet. Any other host suggestions? :)

~Fletch

I don't have a visa cause I'm not old enough and I never got google wallet. Any other host suggestions? :)

Neither am I, but TD offers Visa Debit :)

You could try Gandi, or Name cheap.

15" MBP TB

I use NFOServers. $8 for 3 months... not bad. Unlimited domains, unmetered bandwidth. Hosts a handful of signatures (obviously for other forums, since we can't here. :( ) along with a few sets of forums.

eg. Signatures similar to this; Friend's and mine.