CPU without graphics

Hey everyone. I was tempted to pick up intel 4670k but I ve heard that a lot of the intel price is coming from integrated gpu. Isn't it a better idea to get something cheaper if you are getting a geming pc with dedicated GPU?

Well, most of Intel's CPU's have onboard graphics right now. So if you want to go Intel, you're going to have a hard time not buying a CPU without onboard graphics...

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Well its still a powerful cpu. If you want a cheaper alternative you would want to go with an 8320 which is much cheaper but does just as well in games. Are you building  a new pc?

Hey everyone. I was tempted to pick up intel 4670k but I ve heard that a lot of the intel price is coming from integrated gpu. Isn't it a better idea to get something cheaper if you are getting a geming pc with dedicated GPU?

this is false. back in the ol' days of sandy bridge, the i5-2500k was "re-binned" and

some of the CPUs had the GPU disabled turning them into i5-2550k processors sans

the onboard graphics. the price was actually higher (gotta love Intel "green" position).

the only real way of non-GPU onboard on the Intel camp it the X79 platform. most, if 

not all current 1150 CPU are onboard graphics capable.

other current platforms would be the FX from AMD.

margin on the intel processors are huge, so "paying" for the iGPU should not stop you buying it

but you get premium performance, so you have to also pay premium price ^^

8350/8320 is the only sensible candidate if you want to pay lower price for cpu and invest $ somewhere else

this is false. back in the ol' days of sandy bridge, the i5-2500k was "re-binned" and

some of the CPUs had the GPU disabled turning them into i5-2550k processors sans

the onboard graphics. the price was actually higher (gotta love Intel "green" position).

the only real way of non-GPU onboard on the Intel camp it the X79 platform. most, if 

not all current 1150 CPU are onboard graphics capable.

other current platforms would be the FX from AMD.

my 2550k was cheaper than a 2500k but i only got it a few weeks ago  :)

if you want a cheaper processor then go with an amd fx one, but the i5 isn't more expensive because its got a integrated gpu, its more expensive because it is a year newer and nearly twice as fast per core as the amd chips

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Well the 4670K is a pretty decent processor and don't think most of the money is from its igpu becuase its only a Intel HD Graphics 4600 which isn't that powerful imo. I like having integrated graphics on my cpu because it sort of acts as a backup in case your gpu dies. If you are on a budget, I would get a FX 8320/8350 with a M5A97 R2.0 board so you can have more money to spend on a better gpu/parts.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Well its still a powerful cpu. If you want a cheaper alternative you would want to go with an 8320 which is much cheaper but does just as well in games. Are you building  a new pc?

Yes! I was looking to get mini ITX board for my Silverstone FT03 mini case. GPU is gtx 760 (others don't fit)

Yes! I was looking to get mini ITX board for my Silverstone FT03 mini case. GPU is gtx 760 (others don't fit)

Well if its mini itx you kind of have to go with an intel build anyways the 4670k is a really good cpu and the on board graphics are nice say if your gpu dies or something happens so id say just shoot for it

The only Intel CPUs that dont have an iGPU are the Xeons, any X79 CPU, or older CPUs.

My PC:

CPU: Xeon E3 1230 V3(Haswell) @ 3.7GHz Motherboard: AsRock B85M-ITX RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blue @ 1600MHz Storage: Intel 520 Series 120(Boot), Seagate Barracuda 500GB @ 7200RPM, Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB @ 5400RPM GPU: ZOTAC GTX 970 @ 1.4GHz Case: Node 304 Power Supply: CX430