3rd party rgb light control software?

ramm

I am the owner of some NZXT Hue+ led strips and an AER RGB fan but i'm not happy with the horrible CAM software. I kinda want it to cycle different modes but that's not possible. Also the sound activation is pretty horrible.

Is there any 3rd party software that lets you control the rgb led strips from kits like NZXT Hue+ or Corsair Lighting Node Pro?

Thanks

6 hours ago, ramm said:

I am the owner of some NZXT Hue+ led strips and an AER RGB fan but i'm not happy with the horrible CAM software. I kinda want it to cycle different modes but that's not possible. Also the sound activation is pretty horrible.

Is there any 3rd party software that lets you control the rgb led strips from kits like NZXT Hue+ or Corsair Lighting Node Pro?

Thanks

Those are all proprietary systems which require the use of their manufacture’s sowftware, there are no other options to control them. 

12 hours ago, ramm said:

Thanks

Your locked into what NZXT software they created. If your willing to change I suggest looking into Aqua-Computer farbwerk RGB controller which gives you access to there Aquasuite software. Which has allot more options and control.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

Theres always DIY for maximum control and options.

This is something I did.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

20 hours ago, W-L said:

Those are all proprietary systems which require the use of their manufacture’s sowftware, there are no other options to control them. 

How come nobody created this? Afterall you would say that there is alot of people that would want it I guess.

it's not that it's technically impossible I imagine.

14 hours ago, Revan654 said:

Your locked into what NZXT software they created. If your willing to change I suggest looking into Aqua-Computer farbwerk RGB controller which gives you access to there Aquasuite software. Which has allot more options and control.

I dont think buying other stuff is gonna be an option. I was mostly hoping for different software.

5 hours ago, unknownmiscreant said:

Theres always DIY for maximum control and options.

This is something I did.

How did you do this exactly?

2 minutes ago, ramm said:

How come nobody created this? Afterall you would say that there is alot of people that would want it I guess.

it's not that it's technically impossible I imagine.

They can’t the manufacture needs to release the API for people to be able to reprogram it. Asus did that with their Aura sync system and while there have been some that have taken advantage of that there hasn’t been a whole lot. 

8 hours ago, ramm said:

I dont think buying other stuff is gonna be an option. I was mostly hoping for different software.

I haven't used NZXT products in a very long time, From what I recall it's very bare bones with options. Your basically locked into using there software, without the released of a source code or SDK You will be limited to what you can do.

I always considered NZXT budget level when it comes to there products (nothing wrong with there products). You just need to be aware what your getting & how much control you have over there products inside your PC.

Aqua-Computer just has allot more options (I mean allot more).

13 hours ago, ramm said:

How did you do this exactly?

See link in my signature.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14-11-2017 at 8:12 PM, Revan654 said:

I haven't used NZXT products in a very long time, From what I recall it's very bare bones with options. Your basically locked into using there software, without the released of a source code or SDK You will be limited to what you can do.

I always considered NZXT budget level when it comes to there products (nothing wrong with there products). You just need to be aware what your getting & how much control you have over there products inside your PC.

Aqua-Computer just has allot more options (I mean allot more).

Ok that kinda sucks. I really wonder why NZXT doesn't update their shitty software. The CAM software lighting options are really boring after a while. At first I liked the NZXT more than the Corsair lighting node pro but right now Corsair has new fans the LL fans and those are better than the NZXT ones. So you would think NZXT would do something to counter that.

I heard a while ago that Corsair, Coolermaster and NZXT were planning on working together for a single program that controls everything. Any news on that?

7 hours ago, ramm said:

Ok that kinda sucks. I really wonder why NZXT doesn't update their shitty software. The CAM software lighting options are really boring after a while. At first I liked the NZXT more than the Corsair lighting node pro but right now Corsair has new fans the LL fans and those are better than the NZXT ones. So you would think NZXT would do something to counter that.

I heard a while ago that Corsair, Coolermaster and NZXT were planning on working together for a single program that controls everything. Any news on that?

I have heard zero news or even rumors about those three working together. I wouldn't hold my breath on it, It's like MS and Sony saying there open to idea of working together on a project. However you know in back of your head it's never going to happen.

Corsair is a much bigger company, It takes NZXT allot longer to release products and software. Personally Both software is average at best.

Aqua-Computer still has the best RGB controller to date. The things you can do with there software is amazing. It's also much cheaper then NZXT controller. There also two versions, One can be controlled with a Bluetooth controller.