Xbox One S Questions

Maihym

So I'm debating on getting an Xbox One S but I had a few questions. Is it worth getting it if I already have a PC? Are there any benefits to it and what are the cons of it? Like I heard something about getting games on Windows 10 from Xbox but how does all that work? Finally, will I be able to use my Logitech G933s on the Xbox?

i can't answer this question to its full capability but i recommend getting the Xbox one s it is much better that the original xbox one and i have a PC and i flip flop between them.

I hate mine and prefer my HTPC any day of the week. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

15 minutes ago, Maihym said:

So I'm debating on getting an Xbox One S but I had a few questions. Is it worth getting it if I already have a PC? Are there any benefits to it and what are the cons of it? Like I heard something about getting games on Windows 10 from Xbox but how does all that work? Finally, will I be able to use my Logitech G933s on the Xbox?

I just bought my Xbox One S yesterday and oh my what a contrast compared to my 360.

The games that have both are specific and are clearly labeled as such. i think they are called "play anywhere." You wont be able to get your games as cheap as if they were on steam, but then you have it both places.

The thing that I had forgotten about all these years as a PC gamer is used games. I bought a great copy of Halo 5 for 19 bucks after tax and have had no issues with it at all.

Now dont get my wrong I have always played today on my PC. My GTX1080 and 1440P monitor will always look and play better compared to the One S at 1080P. I got the system for $149 bucks so it was a great price and I can now play some exclusives and some games for cheaper.

55 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

I hate mine and prefer my HTPC any day of the week. 

What does HTPC stand for?

Also can anyone answer my G933s question

I think most of the points have been covered. Xbox One S gives you access to

- Console exclusive games. It's few for Xbox One, but there is an expanding catalog of original Xbox and Xbox 360 games. Both digitally or in physical form. As previous mentioned, you get access to the used game market. Xbox One shines in the legacy department but not so much in new exclusives. The PS4 has the opposite situation of lots of new exclusives but can't play legacy content at all (save for remasters and a few PS2 digital releases).

- Xbox One has a neat game subscription (Game Pass) that gives you access to a library of games to download and play for a monthly fee. Really good if you haven't already invested in most of the games in the library. Bigger library than EA Origin's Vault, which is the only similar thing I can think of right now on PC. Xbox also has a version of that called EA Access, IIRC, if you want those EA games.

- If you have friends with an Xbox One, Xbox 360 or to a smaller extent original Xbox, you can borrow games. Something that seems to be discouraged on PC these days of mostly digital only.

- Digital game purchases on Xbox Live or Windows Store marked with "Play Anywhere" gets you copies of both. I think they all do cloud saves, so in theory you can switch between your two platforms as your mood strikes.

- 4K content if your PC isn't setup for this and you have a display for this. It has a 4K UHD BD player and apps like Netflix can do 4K. I hear doing 4K Netflix on a PC has a bunch of specific requirements so this could be a cheaper option. The Xbox One X is better in this arena as it has some 4K gaming content (or at least better than 1080p) as well, but it does have a steeper price tag. 

- I like the controller. And the one bundled with the One S (and I presume X) has bluetooth unlike the original Xbox One controller that requires a dongle, so you can use it on your PC too.

all exclusives for xbox come out on PC so i see no point in getting a xbox if you already have a PC, unless the PC is old and can't play shit :) 

2 hours ago, asus killer said:

all exclusives for xbox come out on PC so i see no point in getting a xbox if you already have a PC, unless the PC is old and can't play shit :) 

This isnt even kind of true...Halo for example has not been on any console / PC since Halo 2.

5 hours ago, lieder1987 said:

This isnt even kind of true...Halo for example has not been on any console / PC since Halo 2.

halo wars 2 just came out on the PC.

2 hours ago, asus killer said:

halo wars 2 just came out on the PC.

Fine you got me with that one, but not ALL exclusives are on both.

41 minutes ago, lieder1987 said:

Fine you got me with that one, but not ALL exclusives are on both.

i had the idea all xbox "exclusives" now came out on PC. Forza 7, horizon, GOW, ... if there are some exception i am not aware of.

8 hours ago, asus killer said:

i had the idea all xbox "exclusives" now came out on PC. Forza 7, horizon, GOW, ... if there are some exception i am not aware of.

That seems to be the trend now as MS is trying to push both Xbox and Windows Store, but doesn't have the content to make the two unique. There are still older Xbox One content like Halo 5, the Halo 2 remake/remaster, Sunset Overdrive, Forza 5 & 6 (though maybe moot considering 7 is out). And more console only games when you consider the backwards compat with original Xbox and 360.

Under the new trend, I presume Halo 6 would be on Win10 as well. You'd think they'll port the Master Chief Collection (Halo 1-4) and Halo 5, perhaps under one package, prior to that, but that's just speculation. Perhaps after they're done with all the Xbox One X enhancements for those titles it will be in better shape for a PC release.

I wouldn't bother with an XBone if you have a PC unless it's to play shooters with your friends. With PS4 + PC you'd have coverage of everything other than Nintendo games, and 2017 has been an epic PS4 year and 2018 looks like another really strong one.