Laptop Partitioning Messed Up

I have a Lenovo laptop from probably 2014 that was running Windows 8.1 and wanted to update it to Windows 10. So I have a pen drive with windows 10 64 bit on it, and i loaded it up. I got to the partitioning step, and there were 7 partitions. I formatted all but 2 which were recovery partitions. I tried to load Windows 10 to the main partition with 800+ gb, and it says "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style." So then I saw something on google that said you could convert it to MGP or whatever it's called in the bios lol. So I try to boot into bios and i tried every way to get into bios and it just loops. It says Lenovo and then it comes up with a black screen that stays for like 10 seconds. It says

Intel UNDI , PXE-2.1 (Build 083)

Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

This product is covered by one or more of the following patents:

US6, 570, 884, US6, 115, 776, and US6, 327, 625

Realtek PCIe CBE Family controler series v2.57 (08/27/13)

PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable

PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM

That just loops forever and like I said ive tried everything to get into bios. Please someone help me.

Update: I formatted the USB as GPT and loaded Windows on it. This time when i put it in the laptop the lenovo logo has a loading sign under it. I get to the Windows setup screen and it lets me click next n which partitionn i want to pick, and when it gets to the page with the percentages and it says "Windows detected that the EFI system partition was formatted as NTFS. Format the EFI system partition as FAT32 and restart the installation." So I do as it says and pick FAT32 on Rufus and try again and it says the same error. Also I tried to goto the "Repair My Computer" option on the install now page and it now gives me the option to get to UEFI.

Edited by Zentorno56

try disconnecting the hdd and booting into bios try booting win10 off a usb then reconnect hdd and reformat as a mgp or whatever

If you judge a fish based on its ability to climb trees it will go its whole life thinking its a failure.

First check that secure boot is disabled. Then make sure you're using win 10 x64 in GPT partition scheme for UEFI, this can be done in rufus HERE

Then boot into the USB drive, delete all the partitions on the disk is my advice, then just install windows, you can always shrink windows again in partition/disk manager once you're up and running if you need more partitions.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Are you sure you're pressing the right keys to get into bios?

Every brand or model has a different key combination, it's not always DEL.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Are you sure you're pressing the right keys to get into bios?

Every brand or model has a different key combination, it's not always DEL.

yes ive literally tried every function key and also delete and escape.

My bro's laptop has a very small button on the side of the laptop, you have to press that WHILE pressing the ON button to get into BIOS. I just recently re-did their laptop for them, and installed linux on it too.

[edit] Oh and before any smart ass responds to my earlier post, the topics have been merged, the last part of the OP wasn't there before, which is why I was telling him how to turn off secure boot and do the partitioning.

Spoiler
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

17 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

My bro's laptop has a very small button on the side of the laptop, you have to press that WHILE pressing the ON button to get into BIOS. I just recently re-did their laptop for them, and installed linux on it too.

[edit] Oh and before any smart ass responds to my earlier post, the topics have been merged, the last part of the OP wasn't there before, which is why I was telling him how to turn off secure boot and do the partitioning.

Secure boot is disabled and I formatted the USB as GPT and it now says i need to make it FAT32 and i did and it has the same error, and also i found how to get into UEFI and i cant find anywhere to convert it to MBR

5 hours ago, Zentorno56 said:

Secure boot is disabled and I formatted the USB as GPT and it now says i need to make it FAT32 and i did and it has the same error, and also i found how to get into UEFI and i cant find anywhere to convert it to MBR

No, it should already be fat32, then use rufus to make a the USB for you with the GPT for UEFI config. That should work with no faults. I have done that dozens if not hundreds of times. How are you making the drive bootable at the moment?

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini