Hello everyone. I'm casemodding my Node 202 for better airflow, and I need some of the metal mesh stuff they use on computer speakers and stuff, like these:

IMG_20171107_154321.thumb.jpg.59d606c7b6fc9520417b3a7ba2668298.jpg

But what is this stuff called, and where can I buy some?

I need a sheet at least 330mm by 380mm.

Any ideas? My idle temps on the video card are down to an amazing 29C, but the innards are exposed now.

5 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

-SNIP-

It would be perforated steel mesh looks to be around 0.060" diameter holes in that material, as for where to purchase that depends on what you have around but places such as metal supermarket or direct places metal suppliers are a good start

https://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?pid=13492&step=4&id=1003&top_cat=60

• 3 weeks later...

You can paint the Mnpctech mesh whatever color you like, as shown in DIY Mesh Grill Guide Video just apply PRIMER coat first

just re-stocked round and honeycomb hex sheets here, https://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming-pc-liquid-modding-custom-computer-mnpctech-overclock-cooling-fan-grills/modders-mesh-perforated-aluminum-steel-honeycomb-grill-intake-front-fan-slotted-diamond-round-hex/modders-mesh.html

NZXT-H440-Front-Panel-Mesh-Grill-Mod-Gui

17 years of helping you void your warranty

2 hours ago, Mnpctech said:

You can paint the Mnpctech mesh whatever color you like, as shown in DIY Mesh Grill Guide Video just apply PRIMER coat first

just re-stocked round and honeycomb hex sheets here, https://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming-pc-liquid-modding-custom-computer-mnpctech-overclock-cooling-fan-grills/modders-mesh-perforated-aluminum-steel-honeycomb-grill-intake-front-fan-slotted-diamond-round-hex/modders-mesh.html

Would you guys happen to have anything larger than 12x24? I bought a 12x24 not realizing it was like an inch too narrow :(

Microwave doors are a good cheap source for mesh. There's a tinted  glass/acrylic front layer, then some black mesh with adhesive backed plastic on it to stop air exchange . Not sure if the sheet will be big enough for your purposes (depends on the size of the microwave.) But if you already have an angle grinder / dremel (probably a fair bit under powered) it's dirt cheap/free depending on where you go to source one. 

I pulled the mesh out of our old one to use as a fan grille. 

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

• 2 months later...
On 11/29/2017 at 1:54 PM, iamdarkyoshi said:

Would you guys happen to have anything larger than 12x24? I bought a 12x24 not realizing it was like an inch too narrow :(

We don't, sorry! .... you could create a frame, to close up the gap? maybe from acrylic

apologies for late reply, 2018 has been crazy so far

17 years of helping you void your warranty