The Chinese MacBook Killer - TEN HOUR BATTERY – Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro

To much work lol and uh Not that useful to me No one in my area speaks mandarin,

So I have recently bought this laptop and I am writing this post from it! Liking the keyboard.

I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro with an old Win Pro 8.1 key I had around, all working fine.

Such a bummer I can't record video footage using the GPU as I do on my main PC, but I found out you can use OBS + Quick Sync for the same result.

I shall try to live boot some linux distro, let's see.

5a0895ffcb496_2017-11-1219_06_06.thumb.jpg.9d4bdc160af1bf7d840e4ac494405475.jpg

Fire me any questions you may have :)

On 11/12/2017 at 7:58 AM, Princess Cadence said:

Are you aware that Windows 10 is free already? the only difference between running it inactive to active is not being able to change the desktop wallpaper away from that Windows Logo and that tiny water mark on the corner (which is not present in full screen applications either ways). There is no 30 days thing any more.

Incorrect. Windows 10 requires a license in order to be used beyond the 30 day grace period. You'll find this information in section 5 of the Microsoft License Terms for Windows 10, quoted below, and linked below too. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Useterms/Retail/Windows/10/UseTerms_Retail_Windows_10_English.htm

5.      Authorized Software and Activation. You are authorized to use this software only if you are properly licensed and the software has been properly activated with a genuine product key or by other authorized method. When you connect to the Internet while using the software, the software will automatically contact Microsoft or its affiliate to conduct activation to associate it with a certain device. You can also activate the software manually by Internet or telephone. In either case, transmission of certain information will occur, and Internet, telephone and SMS service charges may apply. During activation (or reactivation that may be triggered by changes to your device’s components), the software may determine that the installed instance of the software is counterfeit, improperly licensed or includes unauthorized changes. If activation fails, the software will attempt to repair itself by replacing any tampered Microsoft software with genuine Microsoft software. You may also receive reminders to obtain a proper license for the software. Successful activation does not confirm that the software is genuine or properly licensed. You may not bypass or circumvent activation. To help determine if your software is genuine and whether you are properly licensed, see (aka.ms/genuine). Certain updates, support, and other services might only be offered to users of genuine Microsoft software.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

If you buy it in China you get their better version (i7) for 6999 RMB [6999 Chinese Yuan equals 1056.28 US Dollar]

asdasdasdasdas.jpg

Someone knows if i buy the product on GearBest ( https://goo.gl/5RqZiA ) to united states

I would pay for taxes? How much? etc..

(I'm from chile and the tariff here its insane, im thinking to buy on EEUU and then someone brings it to me)

7 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

check goods and services tax laws in the country you're shipping to. (e.g. anything above $400 in my local currency from anywhere (including shipping) is subject to 7% tax)

And they charge you the taxes when you pay in gear best or after?

Ya no thanks. Not really up for getting data mined by the Chinese xD

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

On 12/11/2017 at 4:00 PM, sharedknowledge said:

So I have recently bought this laptop and I am writing this post from it! Liking the keyboard.

I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro with an old Win Pro 8.1 key I had around, all working fine.

Such a bummer I can't record video footage using the GPU as I do on my main PC, but I found out you can use OBS + Quick Sync for the same result.

I shall try to live boot some linux distro, let's see.

5a0895ffcb496_2017-11-1219_06_06.thumb.jpg.9d4bdc160af1bf7d840e4ac494405475.jpg

Fire me any questions you may have :)

Hi, where are you from and how much it cost to you? with taxes and shipping

For work I am currently in Italy so I got it delivered it here. I was not quite sure on the taxes around here, but I did a bit of research on the topic. If delivered by DHL, you gotta pay taxes, but it's way quicker. Using the cheaper version Gearbest does the slightly illegal thing of declaring the value of the notebook at EUR 20. It took nearly a month to get here, but no taxes! :D

Copied pasted from the website:

Total Cost Commodity price :  756.89 + Delivery costs: 1.58 + Insurance: 15.99 = EUR 774.46

I used the code mentioned in the post before to get it down to that price. Very lovely indeed! Regarding any fear for chinese-spyware or other nonsense like that, I wiped the OS to use Win 10 Pro EN.

Listen guys, I really trust linus but he promoted Gearbest in the video, but I've mostly read consistently only bad reviews from people who legitimately ordered from there, most of them not even ever getting their products, some getting them months after the actual estimated delivery, and also shitty customer service, what do you guys think? Why would linus promote this sketchy store? Other than that, do you guys know where to buy xiaomi laptop batteries in case it dies and I want to repair it in the future.