Jump to content
SwordsofAnarchy

HELP PC WONT POST

Recommended Posts

take out the CMOS battery for 5 minutes


>>> QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING <<<

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain.

If I'm Wrong, Please Point It Out. I'm Open To Criticism and Learning New Things. I Won't Bite.

Important Links

|→ PC Troubleshooting ←|→ Memory Overclocking Guide ← | → PSU Tier List ←| → SSD Tier List ←|

 

Less Important Links

|→ RX 480 VS GTX 1060 ←|→ You Probably Don't Need A Big PSU ←|  

 

↓ - My System Build - ↓

Spoiler

CPU: (Delidded) Core I7 4770K @3.5Ghz (OC incoming..)

GPU: GTX 1070 @2+Ghz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87-HD3

RAM: Ballistix DDR3 OC'ed to 2000Mhz

Power Supply: Corsair RM750X

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62

Storage: 240GB SSD + 2TB HDD

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X With 5 RGB Fans

 

Peripherals:

  • Corsair K95 RGB MX Brown
  • Corsair M65
  • HyperX Cloud Stinger

↓ - My Laptop, If Anyone Happens To Care - ↓

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 512GB SSD - 16GB DDR4

 

"PC cosmetics and RGB are in some situations more important than The performance of the PC itself"*

-Napoleon Bonaparte

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SwordsofAnarchy said:

I just cleared the bios of my PC after it wouldn't post after over clocking I used the jumper and it still won't post help 

Which board do you have?


AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.00GHz | MSI 890- FXA-GD65 | RADEON HD 4870 | 16 GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | Asus Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Windows 10 Home  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Intel Core™ i3-2350M | 4GB DDR3 | Toshiba 500GB | Ubuntu 16.04 LTS |  Lenovo IdeaPad G570

iPhone 4 (iOS 7.1.2) | iPad Mini (iOS 8.4) | Samsung Galaxy™ S3  GT-I9300  (Blekota Note 4 Lite) 

 

 

Join the Nonsense! Rest in peace Generic Profile Picture club. It was fun while it lasted.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

take out the CMOS battery for 5 minutes

you only need to take it out for 30 seconds or so...but you must unplug the PC from the wall and hold the power switch to make sure it's fullly drained.


| CPU: Core i7-4770K @ 4.2ghz  Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080 OC  RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1866 mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift + Touch

 

Read: My opinions on VR in it's current state, should YOU buy into it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

you only need to take it out for 30 seconds or so...but you must unplug the PC from the wall and hold the power switch to make sure it's fullly drained.

I have it fully unplugged and such but I can't seem to get the battery out 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SwordsofAnarchy said:

I have it fully unplugged and such but I can't seem to get the battery out 

The battery has a little clip holding it in.  Need to use your fingernail to move the clip out of the way to facilitate removing the battery.

 

You don't need to wait five minutes after removing the batter "IF" you unplug the PC from the wall, remove the battery and then press the power switch on the front of the machine a few times until the lights on the mobo go out.  Those LED's will drain any caps still holding a charge after unplugging and removing the battery.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, kb5zue said:

The battery has a little clip holding it in.  Need to use your fingernail to move the clip out of the way to facilitate removing the battery.

 

You don't need to wait five minutes after removing the batter "IF" you unplug the PC from the wall, remove the battery and then press the power switch on the front of the machine a few times until the lights on the mobo go out.  Those LED's will drain any caps still holding a charge after unplugging and removing the battery.

 

Ok so once I have done that when should I put the battery back in?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SwordsofAnarchy said:

Ok so once I have done that when should I put the battery back in?

Correct, then when the machine boots, go into the BIOS and set it to defaults without any overclocking or stuff like that.  Before any OC or stuff like that, we just want to get the machine to boot in to a normal windows environment.  That way we know it works before we make any changes, etc.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Correct, then when the machine boots, go into the BIOS and set it to defaults without any overclocking or stuff like that.  Before any OC or stuff like that, we just want to get the machine to boot in to a normal windows environment.  That way we know it works before we make any changes, etc.

 

I still can't get it out I try to use that little pin thing to get it out but I just doesn't seem to move the slightest bit

Link to post
Share on other sites

Threads merged and moved to the Troubleshooting section.


Google Play Daily Deals Thread

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: Asus Z87-PLUS CPU: i5-4670k @ 4.1Ghz RAM: 16GB DDR3 2400(4x4GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 1x 1TB WD PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer G205H

Spoiler

My HomeMade NAS - Motherboard: MSI P965 Neo CPU: Core2Duo E8200 RAM: 6GB DDR2 (2x2GB+2x1GB) GPU: Gigabyte Windforce OC HD7870 OS HDD: 250GB Seagate Storage: 2x 500GB WD + 2TB Toshiba PSU: 2x 400w Generic OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits

 

The Community StandardsPSU Tier list | PSU Whitelist

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×