Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Confusizzled

New Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Gaming Laptop

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm searching for a programming laptop and I'm pretty interested in the New Dell Inspiron 15 5000 gaming laptop. Specifically this configuration http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-laptops-netbooks-and-tablets/new-inspiron-15-5000-gaming-intel/spd/inspiron-15-5577-gaming-laptop/ni155577_btsb_s405e

It's got 512 GB PCIE SSD, 16 GB of RAM, and i7 7700 HQ and the price seems pretty darn good.

Anyone have any info regarding the screen, cooling, and typing experience? The dell page gives you so little info. Or if anyone is from Canada specifically around the GTA does anyone know if there's a store that sells this so I can test it in person? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Confusizzled said:

I'm searching for a programming laptop and I'm pretty interested in the New Dell Inspiron 15 5000 gaming laptop. Specifically this configuration http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-laptops-netbooks-and-tablets/new-inspiron-15-5000-gaming-intel/spd/inspiron-15-5577-gaming-laptop/ni155577_btsb_s405e

It's got 512 GB PCIE SSD, 16 GB of RAM, and i7 7700 HQ and the price seems pretty darn good.

Anyone have any info regarding the screen, cooling, and typing experience? The dell page gives you so little info. Or if anyone is from Canada specifically around the GTA does anyone know if there's a store that sells this so I can test it in person? 

For programming, I would get a Dell Business ultrabook http://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/dell-laptops-and-notebooks/xps-15/spd/xps-15-9560-laptop/smx15w10p2c1608

Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I have heard from a couple friends who bought the Inspiron you're looking at the only issues they had were superficial.

 

Key things complained about were the screen being somewhat washed out and hard to see at angles and somewhat flimsy chassis build. Otherwise they seem to be a very solid laptop especially for the price of them.

 

If you're looking to see one up close Best Buy usually keeps them on display.


The New Monster: Ryzen 5 3600 / Asus TUF X570 / EVGA RTX 2070 Super / 2x8GB Team DARK Za 3600MHz / XPG Gammix S11 1TB / Intel 660p 1TB / Seasonic Focus GX650

 

The Relic: MSI GT780DXR - i7 2670QM / GTX 570m 1.5GB GTX 970m 3GB (GT72) / 16GB DDR3 1600 / 512GB ADATA SU800 / 2TB SEAGATE SSDHD

 

SOLD The Laptop: Alienware 15 R3 - i7 7700HQ / GTX 1070 / 16GB DDR 2400 / 256GB M.2 SSD / 512GB M.2 SSD / ADATA SU800 512GB SSD / Killer 1435

 

The Monster: Athlon XP 2800+ @ 2.3GHz, Asus A7N8X, 2x1GB DDR400, ATi X850 XT AGP, WD 80GB Caviar (PATA), No-Name 700W PSU, Deepcool Tesseract

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, ApolloX75 said:

From what I have heard from a couple friends who bought the Inspiron you're looking at the only issues they had were superficial.

 

Key things complained about were the screen being somewhat washed out and hard to see at angles and somewhat flimsy chassis build. Otherwise they seem to be a very solid laptop especially for the price of them.

 

If you're looking to see one up close Best Buy usually keeps them on display.

Awesome i'll prbly check out a best buy close by then. Yeah I heard the panel was TN panel so it makes sense why it would be hard to see at different angles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 5000 Gaming has a bad display and slightly worse quality compared to 7000 Gaming


Check out my laptop reviews here

 

My daily driver: Lenovo Legion Y530 [REVIEW]

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-8300H Nvidia GTX1050Ti 2GB LP156WFG-SPB2 144Hz IPS 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 RAM (2x8GB) Samsung PM981 256GB+Seagate 1TB 5400RPM

Check out my blog here

Laptop ODMsClevo, Tongfang, Quanta

 

My Phone: Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite [REVIEW] (Blue, with XUNDD hard case)

Spoiler

SDM710 6GB RAM 128GB ROM 6.39" AMOLED 48MP Sony IMX586 rear (AI triple camera)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Confusizzled said:

Awesome i'll prbly check out a best buy close by then. Yeah I heard the panel was TN panel so it makes sense why it would be hard to see at different angles.

The 5577 is the same chassis as the older 7559 that Linus reviewed (and that I own for that matter). It's identical, just has updated hardware. The screen was pretty poor, but I've seen worse, so upgrading that might be in your best interests if you want a better experience.

 

To say that the issues with the laptop are superficial, you can't be more right. For the money, it's faaar higher quality than what I've seen for much higher pricing.


S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.1

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB GTX 1070 |  DELL S2419NX 24" & DELL SE2419HX 23.8" 1080p Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe SSD | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD1TB Western Digital NVMe SSD | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×