New Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Gaming Laptop

I'm searching for a programming laptop and I'm pretty interested in the New Dell Inspiron 15 5000 gaming laptop. Specifically this configuration http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-laptops-netbooks-and-tablets/new-inspiron-15-5000-gaming-intel/spd/inspiron-15-5577-gaming-laptop/ni155577_btsb_s405e

It's got 512 GB PCIE SSD, 16 GB of RAM, and i7 7700 HQ and the price seems pretty darn good.

Anyone have any info regarding the screen, cooling, and typing experience? The dell page gives you so little info. Or if anyone is from Canada specifically around the GTA does anyone know if there's a store that sells this so I can test it in person? 

6 minutes ago, Confusizzled said:

I'm searching for a programming laptop and I'm pretty interested in the New Dell Inspiron 15 5000 gaming laptop. Specifically this configuration http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-laptops-netbooks-and-tablets/new-inspiron-15-5000-gaming-intel/spd/inspiron-15-5577-gaming-laptop/ni155577_btsb_s405e

It's got 512 GB PCIE SSD, 16 GB of RAM, and i7 7700 HQ and the price seems pretty darn good.

Anyone have any info regarding the screen, cooling, and typing experience? The dell page gives you so little info. Or if anyone is from Canada specifically around the GTA does anyone know if there's a store that sells this so I can test it in person? 

For programming, I would get a Dell Business ultrabook http://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/dell-laptops-and-notebooks/xps-15/spd/xps-15-9560-laptop/smx15w10p2c1608

From what I have heard from a couple friends who bought the Inspiron you're looking at the only issues they had were superficial.

Key things complained about were the screen being somewhat washed out and hard to see at angles and somewhat flimsy chassis build. Otherwise they seem to be a very solid laptop especially for the price of them.

If you're looking to see one up close Best Buy usually keeps them on display.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

7 minutes ago, ApolloX75 said:

From what I have heard from a couple friends who bought the Inspiron you're looking at the only issues they had were superficial.

Key things complained about were the screen being somewhat washed out and hard to see at angles and somewhat flimsy chassis build. Otherwise they seem to be a very solid laptop especially for the price of them.

If you're looking to see one up close Best Buy usually keeps them on display.

Awesome i'll prbly check out a best buy close by then. Yeah I heard the panel was TN panel so it makes sense why it would be hard to see at different angles.

The 5000 Gaming has a bad display and slightly worse quality compared to 7000 Gaming

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

4 hours ago, Confusizzled said:

Awesome i'll prbly check out a best buy close by then. Yeah I heard the panel was TN panel so it makes sense why it would be hard to see at different angles.

The 5577 is the same chassis as the older 7559 that Linus reviewed (and that I own for that matter). It's identical, just has updated hardware. The screen was pretty poor, but I've seen worse, so upgrading that might be in your best interests if you want a better experience.

To say that the issues with the laptop are superficial, you can't be more right. For the money, it's faaar higher quality than what I've seen for much higher pricing.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260