Workaround to forward / redirect / alternative access with OWA email?

dusf

I work remotely, and I have an email address I access using the Outlook Web App, but I would love if I could forward or redirect the email to a Gmail account, as that would give me a lot of options regarding complex filters and notifications etc. Unfortunately, the redirect and forwarding options in the settings do not work, and SMTP access or ADUC for same is not a possibility at this time.

Even if I could login with the Android Outlook Web App I would be satisfied, but it does not recognise my email address and/or the domain.

Since I am able to access the email in a web browser, is there anyway to get it from here to another email address or a local email client?

You said you "work" remotely so I assume this is a compagny email. So I will answer this from the perspective of a compagny IT person. You don't want these emails to go to a different server which can't be managed by the compagny. these emails might contain sensitive data and once this data leaves your network and goes onto servers you can't control you can't prevent data breaches and therefore you are not compliant. So that's why it probably won't work ;).

If you desperatly need this talk to your it guys to solve this for you, that's what they are there for. Also owa allows for email rules too ...

On 10/11/2017 at 11:14 PM, dusf said:

I work remotely, and I have an email address I access using the Outlook Web App, but I would love if I could forward or redirect the email to a Gmail account, as that would give me a lot of options regarding complex filters and notifications etc. Unfortunately, the redirect and forwarding options in the settings do not work, and SMTP access or ADUC for same is not a possibility at this time.

Even if I could login with the Android Outlook Web App I would be satisfied, but it does not recognise my email address and/or the domain.

Since I am able to access the email in a web browser, is there anyway to get it from here to another email address or a local email client?

1. Don’t try and work around the framework that IT have given you to do your role. If there’s an issue, either speak to IT/help desk or escalate the issue with your manager. 
  2. Depending on the Exchange server level, you can create mailbox rules within OWA.