Scrapyard Wars 7 (Unofficial)

mankeez

I have a probably great idea for SYW7. They should do like they did in the second one, but with 1200$ budget because it'd be super funny to watch linus break a 1080 Ti while trying to watercool it ??

Scrapyard Wars Down Under

Linus and Luke vs Bryan from TechYesCity and Steve from Hardware Unboxed

YouTube/CoalitionGaming - Cameras: Canon 1DX MkII, Canon EOS M6 MkII, Panasonic Lumix G85
The Gaming/Streaming/Editing Rig: Codename
LINCHPIN 
Ryzen 9 5900X // Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite mobo // 32gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600mhz // Swiftech Boreas custom CPU loop & IRIS Helix Fans // Lian LI PC-O11 Dynamic Case // Nvidia RTX 3080 FE  // Sandisk x400 1tb SSD // Micron 2tb SSD // WD 1tb Blue HDD // SK Hynix Gold P31 NVME 1tb SSD // 

1 minute ago, CoalitionGaming said:

That would be awesome !

They should do Scrapyard Wars in Silicon Value, who can build the best machine for $800 in a city where rent is literally $3000/month

Green Snek - Razer Blade 2017 - i7-7700HQ - 16GB DDR4 RAM - 512GB Samsung PM951 SSD- Dell WD15 Dock for Home Use- 27" Samsung Curved Monitor

They should do scrapyard wars but with actually scrap parts instead of 1080 Tis

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, CoalitionGaming said:

OMG. YYYAAASSSS

But probs not because the cost of traveling from austriala

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

they should be dropped in a random city, with no phones, only laptops (For craigslist) but be able to use outside influences and who they are in deals.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried   

8 minutes ago, mankeez said:

Anyway post your ideas here lets se what we can do

Come to London and do the £1337 build again but with public transport not included, public transport in London in very expensive

4 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

they should be dropped in a random city, with no phones, only laptops (For craigslist) but be able to use outside influences and who they are in deals.

omg Yas

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

They should do scrapyard wars but with actually scrap parts instead of 1080 Tis

Yeah! I was just searching eBay for what you can do with 100€. I'd Love a $150 SYW

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

For a real challenge they should come to Spain. Be dropped in the middle of Madrid with 1337€, phones, laptops and LOST OF WATER to build the best system possible. In Spain hardware is VERY hard to buy off the streets like in Vancouver. Here we have "Wallapop" which is a shitty version of craigslist.

4 minutes ago, mankeez said:

For a real challenge they should come to Spain. Be dropped in the middle of Madrid with 1337€, phones, laptops and LOST OF WATER to build the best system possible. In Spain hardware is VERY hard to buy off the streets like in Vancouver. Here we have "Wallapop" which is a shitty version of craigslist.

They should go to Brazil with $5000 US and have to make an acceptable 1080p gaming rig xD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

They should go to Brazil with $5000 US and have to make an acceptable 1080p gaming rig xD

holy shit........................that is insane

Build

Spoiler

Hey btw how many Scrapyard Wars do you think they'll make? Maybe like 10 or 15?

Just now, mankeez said:

until they're no longer popular, which probably won't ever happen

Just now, mankeez said:

as long as they are in popular demand because it is a time consuming and expensive series but in VERY high demand. Or if linus just gets bored of it. Cause there is no good in doing something really awesome if there are no viewers.

Build

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

until they're no longer popular, which probably won't ever happen

Of course

11 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

as long as they are in popular demand because it is a time consuming and expensive series but in VERY high demand. Or if linus just gets bored of it. Cause there is no good in doing something really awesome if there are no viewers.

There will never be no viewers because the series is awesome, so I guess they're stuck making scrapyard wars for eternity

28 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

"Luke and Linus win by default after their competing team was robbed of all their cash and hardware at gunpoint"

well damn.

YouTube/CoalitionGaming - Cameras: Canon 1DX MkII, Canon EOS M6 MkII, Panasonic Lumix G85
The Gaming/Streaming/Editing Rig: Codename
LINCHPIN 
Ryzen 9 5900X // Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite mobo // 32gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600mhz // Swiftech Boreas custom CPU loop & IRIS Helix Fans // Lian LI PC-O11 Dynamic Case // Nvidia RTX 3080 FE  // Sandisk x400 1tb SSD // Micron 2tb SSD // WD 1tb Blue HDD // SK Hynix Gold P31 NVME 1tb SSD // 

4 minutes ago, CoalitionGaming said:

"Luke and Linus win by default after their competing team was robbed of all their cash and hardware at gunpoint"

well damn.

More just the hardware is so expensive that it would be a challenge even with that crazy budget xD

34 minutes ago, CoalitionGaming said:

well damn.

They just need their pocket-sized off-duty Brazilian cop and they'll be just fine.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Go somewhere not native to both contestants. IE another country, given a budget for living and also for the computer components and  make it a workation so we get extra more content

They need to do it, and have two fans along with them

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D