What Phone do you own?

3 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

s5 mini, and no intend of switching
IMO all higher end phones are overpowered for their purpose and for good pictures, i have a dslr :)

I just gave mine away! What a phone it was :) Nice and Blue lol 

I'm currently holdout-ing my hp elite x3, after having a Lumia 1520 for forever.

Still prefer the 1520 but its definitely showing it's age. If i ever have to factory reset it I can no longer put windows phone 10 on it since Microsoft disabled the 8.0>8.1 insider app, and putting a plain windows 10 image on it loses here drive and various nokia-specific features.

Probably going to buy a xiaomi mi mix when my x3 finally dies since it has headphone jack, nice display, is cheap, and has android oreo roms available and an active community behind it.

The Nokia Lumia 830 

Nokia-Lumia-830.jpg

I'm quite happy with it... I don't game much, the apps I need are there, the battery lasts up to 3 days, depending on the usage and if running wifi, and it makes excellent photos.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

I've been using an iPhone 5s for so so many years now but upgraded yesterday to the 6S after housemate got the X, gave me his 6S and really enjoying it, Don't see a single reason to buy new or even get the latest the prices are just so stupid. Would rather go on another adventure overseas. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Iphone SE still going strong

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried   

1 minute ago, Tabs said:

I'm currently holdout-ing my hp elite x3, after having a Lumia 1520 for forever.

Still prefer the 1520 but its definitely showing it's age. If i ever have to factory reset it I can no longer put windows phone 10 on it since Microsoft disabled the 8.0>8.1 insider app, and putting a plain windows 10 image on it loses here drive and various nokia-specific features.

Probably going to buy a xiaomi mi mix when my x3 finally dies since it has headphone jack, nice display, is cheap, and has android oreo roms available and an active community behind it.

There are tweaks to tell MS that your 1520 is a different phone. Then updates should run. 

I did some workaround on my second 830 and was able to activate continuum, even though it officially doesn't support it. The other 830 is still running 8.1 sp2 due to the camera app being better.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

Still rocking this beauty 5 years, 10 weeks and 2 days later

2147b-8.jpg

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

12 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

Was basically the only good option in my price range in 2015. The alternative was the Oneplus X but the deciding factor was the textured back meaning I didn't need a case.

i can just report in sortof related that the sandpaper like back on my OP2 is long gone and its by far the sliperiest pice of tech i own thats ment to be held in a hand basically all day. it was amazing at first, but after a few years you might as well have taken lube to it lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Anghammarad said:

There are tweaks to tell MS that your 1520 is a different phone. Then updates should run. 

I did some workaround on my second 830 and was able to activate continuum, even though it officially doesn't support it. The other 830 is still running 8.1 sp2 due to the camera app being better.

It's not that it doesn't get updates, it's that it never officially got updates to WP 8.1 in the uk due to low penetration. It used to be easy to upgrade by running the "insider" app, but Microsoft changed the licensing - it used to require payment for a lifetime license to unlock phones, but now, phones cannot be enrolled in it. The USB unlock fails to work; the device shows up in dev centre but stalls on app deployment.

That process should work for any phone that launched with Windows Phone 8.1 like the 830, but not a WP8.0 device like the 1520.

It hasn't been my daily driver since March, so it's doubtful I'd have to use WDRT to roll it back to it's stock image, so hopefully it wont be an issue.

2 minutes ago, G27Racer_188 said:

Still rocking this beauty 5 years, 10 weeks and 2 days later

2147b-8.jpg

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S

Wow! :) 

Got the underrated LG G6 ;)

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

1 minute ago, Tabs said:

It's not that it doesn't get updates, it's that it never officially got updates to WP 8.1 in the uk due to low penetration. It used to be easy to upgrade by running the "insider" app, but Microsoft changed the licensing - it used to require payment for a lifetime license to unlock phones, but now, phones cannot be enrolled in it. The USB unlock fails to work; the device shows up in dev centre but stalls on app deployment.

That process should work for any phone that launched with Windows Phone 8.1 like the 830, but not a WP8.0 device like the 1520.

It hasn't been my daily driver since March, so it's doubtful I'd have to use WDRT to roll it back to it's stock image, so hopefully it wont be an issue.

if you are able to read some german, or have a translator at hand that doesn't make blitzkrieg and kartoffelsalat out of everything put in, there is https://www.drwindows.de/ with a good windows mobile/phone forum. 

Main System:

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

while i cant say i agree much in your choice of phone, that picture is really nice

Thank you!

I picked the best phone for me. Don't expect it to be the right choice for all. They keyword though, is choice.

Just now, Legendarypoet said:

Thank you!

I picked the best phone for me. Don't expect it to be the right choice for all. They keyword though, is choice.

definatly, i can really see some nice parts about the Iphones, most of my family are using them but too me they were a bit on the locked down side when i had my 4S so i swapped over to this OP2 and android has for me been a much better choice. IOS has been great for my parents becuase its easy to understand and hard to fuck up beyond replair xD 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, DVI_Tech said:

Wow! :) 

I won't lie, performance is, how to put it nicely, 2011 like, but the design is superb.

The way it fits in the hand with the curve, physical buttons, dedicated camera button, side mounted usb and headphone jack so they are not in the way when using it in landscape.

I was not impressed with any phone that came after, except OnePlus One.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

Just now, Anghammarad said:

if you are able to read some german, or have a translator at hand that doesn't make blitzkrieg and kartoffelsalat out of everything put in, there is https://www.drwindows.de/ with a good windows mobile/phone forum. 

I'll bookmark it, but to be honest, after sticking with windows phone since my Samsung Omnia 7 (focus in us), then HTC 8X, then Lumia 900 > 1520 > Elite x3, I'm not sure I wanna expend too much more energy sustaining this platform.

Regular security updates were the main reason I chose Windows Phone over android (at least the promise of them through wp 8.1), and I disliked the fairly aggressive ecosystem lock in of iOS devices. Android Oreo is probably the closest replacement to Windows Phone for me, since it should keep security updates coming regularly even after devices stop getting manufacturer support.

Currently got the One Plus 3t. I really like it as well. Kinda pissed I didnt buy it sooner. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

definatly, i can really see some nice parts about the Iphones, most of my family are using them but too me they were a bit on the locked down side when i had my 4S so i swapped over to this OP2 and android has for me been a much better choice. IOS has been great for my parents becuase its easy to understand and hard to fuck up beyond replair xD 

Yeah, I can see that. For me, limiting variables was a plus. I'm a tinkerer to a fault sometimes. This CANNOT be the case w/ my phone. The less I can touch, the better, because I WILL touch... and sometimes destroy. I have every manner of Android tablet customized to death, doing things they shouldn't be cable of (function wise) out of the box, etc.. A beautiful thing. For me, the phone does what it does and only that. I also like the watch. I only use it for notifications, but those notifications are crucial. The devices melt seamlessly into my routine, and that's that. 

15 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i can just report in sortof related that the sandpaper like back on my OP2 is long gone and its by far the sliperiest pice of tech i own thats ment to be held in a hand basically all day. it was amazing at first, but after a few years you might as well have taken lube to it lol

Aw that sucks, the Moto G is plastic so retains most of its grip. Do you have a case for yours now?

I edit my posts a lot.

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Currently got the One Plus 3t. I really like it as well. Kinda pissed I didnt buy it sooner. 

Same as my brother it looks nice :)

1 minute ago, Legendarypoet said:

Yeah, I can see that. For me, limiting variables was a plus. I'm a tinkerer to a fault sometimes. This CANNOT be the case w/ my phone. The less I can touch, the better, because I WILL touch... and sometimes destroy. I have every manner of Android tablet customized to death, doing things they shouldn't be cable of (function wise) out of the box, etc.. A beautiful thing. For me, the phone does what it does and only that. I also like the watch. I only use it for notifications, but those notifications are crucial. The devices melt seamlessly into my routine, and that's that. 

yah the intergration of apple products is pretty crazy, its really nice. i have emulated parts of it using airdroid to sync notifications to my computer and laptop and that can also do texts and file transfer so its been a treat to use, but its not really close to what apple has going where everything just syncs seemlessly xD i mostly use my phone to chat, browse the web and watch video so i could have been fine in large part with IOS, but there are quite a few problems which is mainly that im a PC guy and they dont sync for shit with windows AFAIK and the price of the device. a huge turn of is that you cant install whatever you want on them from anywhere on the web without some trickery, so a lot of well built apps that are free never come to IOS sadly.

4 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

Aw that sucks, the Moto G is plastic so retains most of its grip. Do you have a case for yours now?

nah i just drop it. legit, i just drop it. its been falling out of my hand all summer almost daily now xD too cheap to spend money on it, but i might spray the back with some plastidip or something if i can find a can thats not clogged up :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

6s Plus until this morning, now an X. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

13 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah the intergration of apple products is pretty crazy, its really nice. i have emulated parts of it using airdroid to sync notifications to my computer and laptop and that can also do texts and file transfer so its been a treat to use, but its not really close to what apple has going where everything just syncs seemlessly xD i mostly use my phone to chat, browse the web and watch video so i could have been fine in large part with IOS, but there are quite a few problems which is mainly that im a PC guy and they dont sync for shit with windows AFAIK and the price of the device. a huge turn of is that you cant install whatever you want on them from anywhere on the web without some trickery, so a lot of well built apps that are free never come to IOS sadly.

I actually don't use Mac OS at all for personal stuff. I have to interact with almost every OS on a regular basis, so I know it well. Just don't prefer it. My communication is done on an entirely mobile level, so there never comes a time that I need to communicate in my professional life on a computer of any kind (this excludes photography).  I could definitely string together a functional setup on another platform, but when someone has done the work for you already, and time is money... yeah. Half of my personal computing is done on PC, the other on Linux. I love platforms of every kind. I squeeze every bit of use out of all of it. At the end of the day, use what makes you happy, use what keeps you efficient, use what pays the bills.

8 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

6s Plus until this morning, now an X. 

6s Plus X? thats a new SKU 

/s

Builds:

Spoiler