Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Miniman27100

Horrible Performance When Gaming On Laptop

2 minutes ago, Miniman27100 said:

When playing a game like Saints Row the Third I'm getting about 30 fps on low at 1280x720. I have checked for the option to switch the gpu but it is not there. 

Make sure in the Radeon control panel under the switchable graphics tab you have saints row (or whatever other games) set to maximum quality. Restart the laptop. 

Posted · Original PosterOP

I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 5576 with an AMD FX 9830P and an RX 560. I think there are issues with the drivers where the laptop will use the APU rather than the RX 560, hindering poor performance in games.

What kind of performance are you getting? you can try going into the AMD control panel and manually setting which GPU to use for any given application. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

A problem I often encountered on my last Windows laptop, was that it would default to the APU/iGPU if you turned down the settings enough (which I had to do if I wanted them frames), solution was to manually set the GPU to render the game I wanted, instead of letting the drivers/OS decide.

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

What kind of performance are you getting? you can try going into the AMD control panel and manually setting which GPU to use for any given application. 

When playing a game like Saints Row the Third I'm getting about 30 fps on low at 1280x720. I have checked for the option to switch the gpu but it is not there. 

Posted · Best Answer
2 minutes ago, Miniman27100 said:

Make sure in the Radeon control panel under the switchable graphics tab you have saints row (or whatever other games) set to maximum quality. Restart the laptop. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

There's you're problem you're using a laptop. Laptop GPU's don't run as fast as Desktop GPU's mainly cause their soldered right to the motherboard. And if you're going to have a gaming laptop I recommend a Razer Blade or ASUS ROG Series