Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lowhill40

GTX 1060 help

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I've been struggling with this issue on my gtx 1060 amp edition for quite some times. Randomly in the middle of game play it seems to stop sending a signal to my monitor and my fan speeds are set to 100%. I'm confident this is an issue with my gpu but it could be something that I'm completely unaware of. I'm using a Ryzen 5 1600 and a A320 Gaming Pro motherboard if that helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites

dying GPU, assuming the GPU fans are the only thing that goes to 100%

 

RMA! 


Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lowhill40 said:

I've been struggling with this issue on my gtx 1060 amp edition for quite some times. Randomly in the middle of game play it seems to stop sending a signal to my monitor and my fan speeds are set to 100%. I'm confident this is an issue with my gpu but it could be something that I'm completely unaware of. I'm using a Ryzen 5 1600 and a A320 Gaming Pro motherboard if that helps.

a defective card proabaly


Im not sure what this signature thing is but it could use some RG

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lowhill40 said:

Ryzen 5 1600 and a A320

WHY!

What they said, Try it in another PC if you have one


I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What PSU do you have?


Current LTT F@H Rank: 43    Score: 429,360,901    Stats

My main Rig (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (Kernel 5.3.13 VFIO) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (8GB for host, 24GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA GTX 1060 SC Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black Windowed

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, urBackup, game servers):

OS: unRAID 6.7.0

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo 250GB

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's virtdisk is on the SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, urBackup, Gitlab, Nextcloud, and game servers.
 

Inventory: CPU: Delidded i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz 1.46v  Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, SecretX said:

This.

?


Current LTT F@H Rank: 43    Score: 429,360,901    Stats

My main Rig (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (Kernel 5.3.13 VFIO) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (8GB for host, 24GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA GTX 1060 SC Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black Windowed

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, urBackup, game servers):

OS: unRAID 6.7.0

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo 250GB

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's virtdisk is on the SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, urBackup, Gitlab, Nextcloud, and game servers.
 

Inventory: CPU: Delidded i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz 1.46v  Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A

Link to post
Share on other sites

Before returning your card, check your temps. You computer might be overheating.


Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, xGGAx said:

Before returning your card, check your temps. You computer might be overheating.

I've checked my temps and they never go above 50C

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lowhill40 said:

It's a 500W bronze certified psu. I don't know the exact name off the top of my head.

Could you find out which one it is?

 

Not all 80+ Bronze PSUs are created equal.


How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill

iPhone 8 Plus (Mid 2019 to present)

Samaritan XL (Early 2018 - present with 2019 GPU upgrade and 2020 RAM upgrade) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 32GB Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 (2020) ,  Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 56 , Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD (2018), Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (2014), NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Could you find out which one it is?

 

Not all 80+ Bronze PSUs are created equal.

It's from EVGA 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×