Jump to content
Merp83

Ryzen Cheap AF 1700 and 1600

Recommended Posts

hooooooooooooly crap this nearly changed my mind about going Skylake or Coffee Lake..

 

until that little bit of me that remains sensible pointed out that the sale likely will not last long enough that I can actually afford to grab one of these..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

hooooooooooooly crap this nearly changed my mind about going Skylake or Coffee Lake..

 

until that little bit of me that remains sensible pointed out that the sale likely will not last long enough that I can actually afford to grab one of these..

Well I payed what like 200 for a 1600 - it was like the best price/performance then. Then the 8400 came around. Then they drop prices by like what 30%. This is a win win and if it stays you might see an intel price drop. Can anyone confirm there is a drop in the US aswell? on like amazon

Link to post
Share on other sites

This was expected also AMD will launch their 2nd gen Ryzen processors. An interesting time finally their is some competition. I guess Intel will still be king of gaming but they have to lower their price. I like this current developments. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think ryzen 2 is being launched in January or February I think, so yea this might be them starting to clear their inventory for that, that being said this is a tad early for them to be doing that, but it might be a move so they can still compete with intel between and ryzen 2s launch


Hello, I probably made this post from one of my servers from while while Remote desktoping it from my gaming machine and typing it on there while also having this fourms open on the gaming PC, because why not

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is for European countries though... :( I was hoping it was US pricing.


Currently have a Asus Strix 980 TI with an FX-8320.

Nothing fancy but it does well for 4k gaming.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was lucky or unlucky? To get a 1700 with the box cooler for only $233. (Amazon WearehouseDeals for $258 that had a bent pin - which I unbent after contacting amazon, so they also gave me a 10% gift off the price I paid). So I more or less paid the same amount as my original 4690k back in 2015. *PROFIT*!

Not totally bragging, but it is possible to get a good deal, though risky.


CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  Corsair LPX 3000Mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1070  SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1x 120 SSD, 1x 500 SSD, 3x HDDs   PSU Corsair 1000W      Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2017 at 8:04 AM, Merp83 said:

Well I payed what like 200 for a 1600 - it was like the best price/performance then. Then the 8400 came around. Then they drop prices by like what 30%. This is a win win and if it stays you might see an intel price drop. Can anyone confirm there is a drop in the US aswell? on like amazon

In the states the prices dropped within like the first two months :) $300 usd is normal for a 1700, most ryzen here sell for $20 or $30 under MSRP from what I have seen. Actually I bought my 1700 right around when the 1600 was coming out and only paid $299 :) (all usd of course) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
19 hours ago, mromutt said:

In the states the prices dropped within like the first two months :) $300 usd is normal for a 1700, most ryzen here sell for $20 or $30 under MSRP from what I have seen. Actually I bought my 1700 right around when the 1600 was coming out and only paid $299 :) (all usd of course) 

this was a little mistake or something - the 1700 was under 245 dollars..

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Merp83 said:

this was a little mistake or something - the 1700 was under 245 dollars..

I have seen some 1700s on sale around that but normally you will see more in the $270 range on a sale. They seem to be selling like crazy, a lot of places are having trouble keeping either the cpus or the motherboards in stock. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2017 at 12:38 PM, Orangeator said:

This is for European countries though... :( I was hoping it was US pricing.

micro center has better deal in US ($170 for 1600, $250 for 1700)

 

http://www.microcenter.com/category/4294966995,4294965455/AMD-Processors

 

 

 


CPU:AMD FX 8320e Black Edition GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb and 320gb HDD RAM: 16gb mix and match Case:  Corsair Spec-Alpha PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: Hyper T2 

 

Planning on upgrading to Ryzen xD

 

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

 

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×