Latency is too darn high

GoofyCush

Does anybody have any tricks to fixing this? I have my xbox hardwired QoS enabled on my netgear nighthawk ac1900 (R7000) XTreme is my isp and i can not get the latency down to 19-22ms like my pc is. Its infuriating!!

150986608993147775668.jpg

CPU: I7-7700k | GPU: GTX 1080Ti (Asus posieden) | RAM: 8Gb Corsair Dominator 3868mhz | Mobo: Asus Maximus VIII | PSU: ATTA 1000w | Storage: WD BLACK 256Gb M.2 / WD BLACK 2Tb | Case: NZXT Switch 180 Cooling: Custom Water Loop w/ XSPC

43 to a server is quite good.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

5 minutes ago, themctipers said:

43 to a server is quite good.

That it is, and with working with an ISP, I can tell you that they consider 120 or less to be just fine.  

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

32 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

That it is, and with working with an ISP, I can tell you that they consider 120 or less to be just fine.  

Maybe im over reacting i was hoping to get it down to my pcs ping which is 19-22 but maybe server location has something to do with it?

CPU: I7-7700k | GPU: GTX 1080Ti (Asus posieden) | RAM: 8Gb Corsair Dominator 3868mhz | Mobo: Asus Maximus VIII | PSU: ATTA 1000w | Storage: WD BLACK 256Gb M.2 / WD BLACK 2Tb | Case: NZXT Switch 180 Cooling: Custom Water Loop w/ XSPC

12 hours ago, GoofyCush said:

Maybe im over reacting i was hoping to get it down to my pcs ping which is 19-22 but maybe server location has something to do with it?

This is a console.  Microsoft and Sony both do very fucky shit with their consoles.  For example, regardless of Ethernet or WiFi, I've never seen one person get full speeds on their consoles.  (Meaning, don't trust the bullshit built in speed tests).

And you are over reacting, to be fair.  43 ping is good.  It's pretty damn good, especially for a console.  

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

can you change MTU to 1500? That's standard ethernet packsize

2 hours ago, kladzen said:

can you change MTU to 1500? That's standard ethernet packsize

has nothing to do with latency 

what does the xbox network test say on the PC. (in windows 10 go to xbox app)

also Wifi can easily add 10ms to your ping.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

On 11/5/2017 at 7:18 AM, GoofyCush said:

Does anybody have any tricks to fixing this? I have my xbox hardwired QoS enabled on my netgear nighthawk ac1900 (R7000) XTreme is my isp and i can not get the latency down to 19-22ms like my pc is. Its infuriating!!

150986608993147775668.jpg

43 ms is perfectly acceptable ping, the difference between 23 and 43 is not even noticeable. But the reason it might not be as quick as your PC might be down to the NIC that the Xbox would use

Not sure if this was a attempt at a troll meme post

Your be PC and Xbox are pinging entirely different servers.  You can't expect identical pings.

On 11/7/2017 at 10:30 AM, Tcrumpen said:

43 ms is perfectly acceptable ping, the difference between 23 and 43 is not even noticeable. But the reason it might not be as quick as your PC might be down to the NIC that the Xbox would use

Not sure if this was a attempt at a troll meme post

At the time of the post i thought that my xbox ping should be the same as my pc and my phone. I didnt think xbox would have a higher ping so i thought i was doing something wrong or their was an actual problem with the isp