CPU isn’t supported but others are from same gen

I’m getting a new mobo today but I checked the supported CPUs and my fx 6300 isn’t in there but the 4330, 4320 and, 8300 are in there and they’re veshera and I don’t want to get a mobo that doesn’t support my fx 6300 and it’s from Gigabytes site and the mobo is GA-78lmt-s2p

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

I’ll also need to update bios probably too

Why....why...why would you buy a NEW AM3+ BOARD IN 2017??!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Why....why...why would you buy a NEW AM3+ BOARD IN 2017??!

It’s used from a friend I’m getting it pretty cheap with a 5450 and 4gb ram ($36 cad)

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

It’s used from a friend I’m getting it pretty cheap with a 5450 and 4gb ram ($36 cad)

The CPU or motherboard? The CPU is barely worth that much TBH.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

The CPU or motherboard? The CPU is barely worth that much TBH.

The motherboard gpu and ram for that much 

8 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

I’m getting a new mobo today but I checked the supported CPUs and my fx 6300 isn’t in there but the 4330, 4320 and, 8300 are in there and they’re veshera and I don’t want to get a mobo that doesn’t support my fx 6300 and it’s from Gigabytes site and the mobo is GA-78lmt-s2p

I use a  GA-78lmt-USB3 and i have no regrets of using it, it supports the 6300 btw and here at least, its a similar price

Just now, BugadinhoGamers said:

I use a  GA-78lmt-USB3 and i have no regrets of using it, it supports the 6300 btw and here at least, its a similar price

I’m buying the motherboard used and I won’t find a motherboard this cheap that’s working

1 minute ago, Billy_Mays said:

The motherboard gpu and ram for that much 

Ah OK. Then it's not that bad of a deal. Anyways, I'd just update the BIOS or try your luck and see if the 6300 works.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

I’m buying the motherboard used and I won’t find a motherboard this cheap that’s working

Oh, well, that motherboard may support it with a few caveats, i used a FX-8320E on a board that didnt support it and it work so, the 6300 may work on that board.

Ah OK. Then it's not that bad of a deal. Anyways, I'd just update the BIOS or try your luck and see if the 6300 works.

Ok I’ll also need a guide on updating a bios since I never have done it

12 minutes ago, BugadinhoGamers said:

Its as simple as getting the file to a usb drive and using the Q-FLASH utility on the BIOS. https://www.gigabyte.com/webpage/20/images/utility_qflash.pdf

Simple as that?

cant say i recomend FX, and not the FX 6300 lol. used it in the LAN PC 5.0 and wow is it a weak bugger. anyway it works and you are getting it used so whatever. if you check the BIOS revisions its probably in there somewhere, if it supports any other hexacores it will probably pop right in

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

25 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

cant say i recomend FX, and not the FX 6300 lol. used it in the LAN PC 5.0 and wow is it a weak bugger. anyway it works and you are getting it used so whatever. if you check the BIOS revisions its probably in there somewhere, if it supports any other hexacores it will probably pop right in

Well I was on a very tight budget when I bought it sooo can’t upfor a tiny bit

18 minutes ago, BugadinhoGamers said:

Yes, i did it myself in my mobo.

Ok thanks I didn’t want to brick my mobo 

3 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Ok thanks I didn’t want to brick my mobo 

Lol, i was afraid of that too when i did it, but worked and it was fast, not even a minute to flash it, just be aware that if the pc shuts down during the process it may brick.

Just now, BugadinhoGamers said:

Lol, i was afraid of that too when i did it, but worked and it was fast, not even a minute to flash it, just be aware that if the pc shuts down during the process it may brick.

Yeah I know but if others have done it I can bring myself up to do it