First Build Or Upgrade

Michiel

Hi,

I'm Looking to upgrade or build a new pc

The maybe upgrade one is a stock Dell XPS 630i but last year I trew out the Gpu's ( 2x Nvidia 9800Gt) and put in a HD 6950.

Dell Xps Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q 8300, 2.333Mhz

Standard Dell Xps 630i Mobo

4Gb DDR2

AMD Radeon HD 6950

HDD 500GB + OCZ vertex 4 SSD

I was thinking of building:

Sabertooth Z77

Intel I5 3570k

Crosair vengeance 8Gb 1600Mhz ( The low profiles)

Corsair Ax 750 Watt Psu ( Maybe the new i series)

Ocz Vertex 4 SSD

Corsair Graphite 600T

H100i

If I build one I'm pulling the SSD out of my Dell and will put it in the build with the 2de (new) one :)

Any tips or advice are welcome :)

Thanks,

Michiel

Ps: If I wrote something wrong I'm not English :)

Just get the new PC. Sabertooth is good, but you're jut paying a lot for the metal "armor" on it. You can get a mobo with more features for less, such as this ASRock.

Looks far superior.

Vertex 4 is excellent. I'd get a new HDD as well, purely because your old one sounds like a slow one :)

The HD 6950 is still very up-to-date.

Looks like a good plan.

Just get the new PC. Sabertooth is good' date=' but you're jut paying a lot for the metal "armor" on it. You can get a mobo with more features for less, such as this ASRock.

Yeah... Paying for the armor :p I like good looking systems so :D

The z77 Extreme4 looks better than the OC anyway :P

Oh well.

I would recommend a MSI MPOWER Board. It's all black which you want, and is cheaper with the same features. Unless you love Asus, I would get that instead. I would also get an AX650 instead just because you don't NEED 750 watts for that system and you could save some money. Your choice though :) Another thing is the SSD. I'm not a fan of OCZ for SSDs. If you got a really good deal on it then go for it! But and M4 would be a better option. IMO. Don't think I'm making fun of your build, because trust me mine isn't any better! I'm just giving you suggestions :) Hope I helped.

I would recommend a MSI MPOWER Board. It's all black which you want' date=' and is cheaper with the same features. Unless you love Asus, I would get that instead. I would also get an AX650 instead just because you don't NEED 750 watts for that system and you could save some money. Your choice though :) Another thing is the SSD. I'm not a fan of OCZ for SSDs. If you got a really good deal on it then go for it! But and M4 would be a better option. IMO. Don't think I'm making fun of your build, because trust me mine isn't any better! I'm just giving you suggestions :) Hope I helped.[/quote']

I'll consider the Mobo suggestion :) I'm good with the Ocz ssd because I already got one in my old pc so thats why i'm buying the same ssd so I can pull the "old" one out :) and the 750 watts, I know myself and will probably put a 2nd gpu in it (once I got the money :p ) and some other stuff :p

On a side related note :p does anyone got a good idea what color of caselights I can put in a white 600T? :D

I would recommend a MSI MPOWER Board. It's all black which you want' date=' and is cheaper with the same features. Unless you love Asus, I would get that instead. I would also get an AX650 instead just because you don't NEED 750 watts for that system and you could save some money. Your choice though :) Another thing is the SSD. I'm not a fan of OCZ for SSDs. If you got a really good deal on it then go for it! But and M4 would be a better option. IMO. Don't think I'm making fun of your build, because trust me mine isn't any better! I'm just giving you suggestions :) Hope I helped.[/quote'] I'll consider the Mobo suggestion :) I'm good with the Ocz ssd because I already got one in my old pc so thats why i'm buying the same ssd so I can pull the "old" one out :) and the 750 watts, I know myself and will probably put a 2nd gpu in it (once I got the money :p ) and some other stuff :p On a side related note :p does anyone got a good idea what color of caselights I can put in a white 600T? :D

I have red leds in my white 600t..

but pure white looks amazing too!

and I have the sabertooth aswell, good board and the armor looks great imo, i know you pay for it though.. :)

(Comming soon)

It was going to be blue or white, so pure white it will be :D Thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this config is possible? It would all be 120mm fans. and i dont mind if it would have to be zip tied or with Velcro or something like that.

And one more question, would this be a good airflow config?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n2638[/ATTACH]

Does anyone know if this config is possible? It would all be 120mm fans. and i dont mind if it would have to be zip tied or with Velcro or something like that. And one more question' date=' would this be a good airflow config? [ATTACH=CONFIG']n2638[/ATTACH]

The fan mounts aren't in the front for 120mm fans however you could do a bit of modification one would think. I'll let you know soon with a definite answer when mine turns up :P