I need help

SnootBooper
Go to solution Solved by SnootBooper,

Since the last post I have replaced my RAM which seemed to have fixed the problem. Thanks to everyone who helped ?

I recently upgraded my 1 year old custom PC from some cheap FM2+ dual core CPU to a Ryzen 3 1200. However, after installing the new CPU, mobo and RAM, the PC would start but not boot and the monitor would display the message "no signal". The HDD used to be fairly noisy as it is quite old, but now it only makes some noise when initially starting up and them hums very quietly. I have tried re-installing the RAM (although not changing slots as the cooler is too big) & clearing the CMOS by both connecting the two pins and removing the mobo's battery. I have also tried using both my GPU (RX460) and the onboard graphics (using both HDMI and VGA) and have removed all unnecessary cables so that it is just the front panel connecters, power cables and CPU fan. I have tried using the motherboard both in and out of the case and so I am really at a loss as what I should do so I took to the internet in the hope that someone smarter than me would figure it out.

Pull off everything but the CPU (and cooler, of course), 1 stick of RAM, keyboard and mouse.

In other words, start with the basics.

Now, reset BIOS to default.

See if you can POST to the BIOS.

If you can, report back

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

maybe you heave problem with the new cpu , maybe . test your cpu,ram,etc on different PC 

19 hours ago, Julian2000nl said:

I would assume it's bad RAM. Do you have multiple RAM sticks? If so, try testing each RAM stick individually.

Sadly I only have 1 stick of DDR4 as that was all they had at the store and I just wanted to get the system running,

Thanks anyway

19 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Pull off everything but the CPU (and cooler, of course), 1 stick of RAM, keyboard and mouse.

If you can, report back

How would I reset the BIOS as clearing the CMOS hasn't had any effect.

19 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

If you can, report back

How would I reset the BIOS as clearing the CMOS hasn't had any effect.

If you cleared the CMOS, then that's the same as resetting the BIOS.

With only the CPU, RAM and keyboard/mouse, you turned it on and nothing happens?

No POST beep? No fans spinning?

Nothing?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

14 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

If you cleared the CMOS, then that's the same as resetting the BIOS.

With only the CPU, RAM and keyboard/mouse, you turned it on and nothing happens?

No POST beep? No fans spinning?

Nothing?

After resetting the CMOS my fans will spin when I turn on the PC but I do not get any POST beep. Also, when I do turn on the PC the fan humms and quickly speeds up and down in pitch in a regular rythm (each jump in speed is roughly 1/2 second long)

Thanks

Ok, so it seems to be trying to POST.

Is the BIOS firmware high enough to support the CPU you have?

In other words, are you certain the motherboard supports the CPU?

Take the motherboard out of the case, place on a book, hook up only 1 stick of RAM, keyboard and mouse, try to get it to POST that way.

Let me know what happens

34 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, so it seems to be trying to POST.

Is the BIOS firmware high enough to support the CPU you have?

In other words, are you certain the motherboard supports the CPU?

Take the motherboard out of the case, place on a book, hook up only 1 stick of RAM, keyboard and mouse, try to get it to POST that way.

Let me know what happens

So I've already tried using it out of the case and I still had the same issue. I know that the motherboard supports my CPU as it is advertised as Ryzen ready (and I have a Ryzen 3) so is it possible that some of the hardware is faulty.

Thanks for all the help so far :-)

So after trying many different solutions I have still not found one. From what I understand the PC is starting up and trying to boot but is failing in doing so. Could this be a result of some faulty RAM and if so, how could I check that this is the case as I only have 1 stick of DDR4 (as my old setup used DDR3)

• 2 weeks later...

Since the last post I have replaced my RAM which seemed to have fixed the problem. Thanks to everyone who helped ?