PC boots multiple times wrong after bios changes

hello,

I've build my very first pc a few weeks ago, and i've got the confidence in overclocking. but evertime i make a change in the bios, my pc boots a few times wrong and after 4/5 times it boots into windows.

i searched for ours and ours and cant find anyone who has the same problems.

someone please help me out

specs:

MSI B350 PC mate

ryzen 1600 (stock cooler)

gigabyte gtx 1060 6gb OC edition

16 gb 3000 MHz ram

2 tb 7200rpm hdd

1 minute ago, caviaag said:

hello,

I've build my very first pc a few weeks ago, and i've got the confidence in overclocking. but evertime i make a change in the bios, my pc boots a few times wrong and after 4/5 times it boots into windows.

i searched for ours and ours and cant find anyone who has the same problems.

someone please help me out

specs:

MSI B350 PC mate

ryzen 1600 (stock cooler)

gigabyte gtx 1060 6gb OC edition

16 gb 3000 MHz ram

2 tb 7200rpm hdd

Click on the Cmos clear button, then it should boot correctly, but just to be sure, go first in to the bios to reset harddrive priority.

With Ryzen the Motherboard will cycle through to make sure everything is working. Almost 90% of the time it will do this because a memory overclock could not be reached. When it boots, go and see what frequency the CPU and RAM are on. If it is something different then what you entered it is because the overclock failed. 

4 minutes ago, Judd said:

With Ryzen the Motherboard will cycle through to make sure everything is working. Almost 90% of the time it will do this because a memory overclock could not be reached. When it boots, go and see what frequency the CPU and RAM are on. If it is something different then what you entered it is because the overclock failed. 

the ryzen 1600 was stable on 3800MHz and the ram on 2800, i dont know why it didnt go to 3000MHz. but for some reason the cpu went automaticly back to 3200MHz but everything is working fine now

1 hour ago, Lennart van de Merwe said:

Click on the Cmos clear button, then it should boot correctly, but just to be sure, go first in to the bios to reset harddrive priority.

resetting the cmos worked for me, thanks!